Hey

Ok so next week im buying a Peavey 6505+, after much debate about which amp is right for me, I think the + just about cuts it but now im thinking about the cab..Im not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to cabs but I do have a line 6 spider 2 half stack and the cab is a MK II OR III I think and I would like to know whether it will do the Peavey justice? if not, I have my eye on a Harley Benton G412A Vintage cab which I could get as a bundle on Thomann with the + for a decent price.. time is crucial here as I really need to know what cab is going to benefit me.

Cheers
I doubt that the Line 6 Cab has Vintage 30s, which is really the industry standard for a 6505+, if you're a metal man (of course you are, you're buying a 6505). The other one does, but I can't speak to the construction of it. If it's only a choice between those two, go with the latter.
A box is a box, you'd probably get a better sound by changing the speakers in the Line 6 to some decent Celestions or Eminences rather than buying a new cab with junk speakers
Quote by seljer
A box is a box, you'd probably get a better sound by changing the speakers in the Line 6 to some decent Celestions or Eminences rather than buying a new cab with junk speakers

The Harvey Benton he's considering has V30's. Hardly "junk" speakers, IMO.

TS, get the HB along with the 6505. Your L6 cab is pretty much garbage.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Tbh I did have a feeling the line 6 cab wouldnt cut the mustard, Ive heard good things about the Harley but yeh just out of curiosity IF i were to throw some mods to the line 6 cab..how much would that roughly set me back? I mean if its cheaper than buying a new cab with V30's then to hell with it ill mod the line 6 cab..
Quote by NosralTserrof
The Harvey Benton he's considering has V30's. Hardly "junk" speakers, IMO.

Ah. There are two listed on Thomann, one for 169€ with the speaker brand not even named at all and the one with Vintage 30s for 333€, didn't notice the "Vintage" part in the OP. Yeah, in that case go for it, Vintage 30s rulez
Quote by NosralTserrof

lol nothing but love for the line 6 I constantly see in these forums.. but hey fair play modeling amps will be subjected to ridicule so it seems :P tbh yeh Im giving serious consideration to the HB.
Quote by Tallica9000
I doubt that the Line 6 Cab has Vintage 30s, which is really the industry standard for a 6505+, if you're a metal man (of course you are, you're buying a 6505). The other one does, but I can't speak to the construction of it. If it's only a choice between those two, go with the latter.
If it's a Spider Valve cab, then it should indeed have V30's. And since he said "MKii" in his post have a feeling it might be.

Even if it isn't, I've played a 6505 through a cheap Line 6 cabinet, and it actually sounded decent. At least usable; a V30 cab would definitely sound a lot better.
A cab filled with Celestion V30s will work great. They really work with nearly any heads there are.
Peavey 6505 works really well with those speakers, I can't understand why they use their Sheffield speakers in the cabinets, cause they're quite poor IMO.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Just check out a website so I could see if the Spider 412 Cab has V30's.. It does not =(
You want V30s, probably.

Look for an Avatar. I got mine for $100 used, beat to hell, missing a caster, torn grill cloth, etc.

But it's a strong cab, and loaded with... V30s!

Now to get a Dual Rectifier...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Ye I second Avatar. Heard nothing but good things about Avatar cabs.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Whatever you get, you'll need 2 of them, halfstacks are for pussy's like DBD above...

No, not really...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Whatever you get, you'll need 2 of them, halfstacks are for pussy's like DBD above...

I'm aiming at two half stacks. Stereo.

THAT is pro.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
EDIT: Just realised none of what I just said made any sense...

So yeah. A wall of V30 loaded amps will do you fine.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Last edited by Into Exile at Apr 10, 2012,