I'm just about to start building a pedalboard but I've just realized I don't really have a clue where to start. Has anyone who has done this before have any advice ??
I haven't, but I've planned on it...

Basically what you need is:

Some sort of power supply
Wood or something else you want to use for the board
Velcro or something else to stick the pedals on the board
A neat way to connect the pedals (holes in the board for power supply perhaps, use short instrument cables for connecting a stompbox to another)
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

just draw it all out on paper with its excact dimmensions you want. it will make life easier if you are organized
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
I'd start with taking a look at GORM boards in your local IKEA, they are being used a lot for making pedalboards, they cost like 4/5 bucks too.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by teleman97
I'm just about to start building a pedalboard but I've just realized I don't really have a clue where to start. Has anyone who has done this before have any advice ??

I have some blueprints I drew that I was going to use for my pedalboard until I realized my design is almost completely identical to what pedal pad does already - I could e-mail my blueprints to you if you want.
I am already powering my pedals with a one spot so I'll rout the board to accomodate that. I heard a lot of people put surge protectors on their boards, are they essential ?
Quote by katalyzt13
I have some blueprints I drew that I was going to use for my pedalboard until I realized my design is almost completely identical to what pedal pad does already - I could e-mail my blueprints to you if you want.

That would be Great thanks. My E-mail is kevinmcdonald2010@live.co.uk
It depends on how you want to do it. Mine looks nothing like the ones you buy:

I did that a little different. I routed out recesses for each pedal and the front panel screws on locking the pedals in place so they can't move even if you tip it upside down.
The power supply (and a reverb unit) lives under the aluminium panel on the left. I just used cheap old garden variety pine and stained it.
There are lots of ways to build a pedalboard. You just have to settle on a design and build it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification