I'm in the process of converting from digital mutli-effects units to all analog pedals - as such, I need help with what are some really good power supplies? Unfortunately, I don't know much about them. I have read that a lot of power supplies for pedalboards don't do EHX pedals really well, so I need one that can power EHX effects, as well as some MXR, Boss, Rocktron, a Vox Wah, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated!
There are two important factors:

1. Make sure the polarity of the power supply is the same as the polarity of the pedal. Pedals and power supplies can have positive or negative polarities. Positive looks like this: --(-+ while negative looks like this: --)-+.
Most pedals and power supplies will have negative polarity though but just doublr check to be sure.

2. Make sure the mA of your pedal/pedals isn't higher than the maximum mA output of your power supply. This is stated on the power supply , but not always on the pedal so read up if you want to daisy chain( connecting multiple pedals to one supply).

Something like the onespot would be able to power a lot of pedals by daisy chaining them.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
A lot of people say the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 is the one to get. I think it's overkill personally :P
The one spot is only like £30, is it really that reliable. I'll be looking for something my self in the near future.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
I've heard a lot of horror stories about hum. It depends on if you're a pro or not I guess.
Quote by Ultima2876
A lot of people say the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 is the one to get. I think it's overkill personally :P

It's great actually, the isolated outputs make it possible to power both the pedals in front of your amp and the effects loop instead of buying two power supplies. It's pricey but if you have the cash to spend, I'd say ot is most definately worth it.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Bloody hell that is pricey.

You could always just get a an extension lead and 3/4 single power supplies.

I bet jimi hendrix never had some crazy power lab thingy.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Also you gotta make sure the pedals are 9 volt (and DC for that matter). That's easy if they have 1 9v battery powering them. But if they don't have a battery option, then it might not be 9v and/or it might be AC. I've heard of people blowing Digitech Whammys and some others by using the wrong power supplies.
When I need a new power supply I might get a pedal power 2. They do sound good if you have the money but £130... sting...
Voodoo labs if you have the cash

BBE Supa Charger for a cheaper (but still good) cheaper option
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
The Supa Charger is more expensive over here. How odd. £160 vs £130 for the voodoo labs.