regardless of how long you play guitar...

the bends sound horrible because you are not bending up to the right note.

Try practicing this.

First hit the note a half or a fret away of where you want to bend your note up to, and then try to bend it up to that note. Repeat this process lots of times.

Know what note you want to bend up to. PF solo's are played really slow and contain big long bends, so messing this up will not go unnoticed. Gilmours solo's are easy to play bad, but hard to master (IMO).

Other than that your only mistake was that the runs you did were hesitating, but this will sort itself out after playing it a few more times.

Effect-wise it sounded like a convincing replication.
Last edited by eSdaze at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by eSdaze
regardless of how long you play guitar...

the bends sound horrible because you are not bending up to the right note.

Try practicing this.

First hit the note a half or a fret away of where you want to bend your note up to, and then try to bend it up to that note. Repeat this process lots of times.

Know what note you want to bend up to. PF solo's are played really slow and contain big long bends, so messing this up will not go unnoticed. Gilmours solo's are easy to play bad, but hard to master (IMO).

Other than that your only mistake was that the runs you did were hesitating, but this will sort itself out after playing it a few more times.

Effect-wise it sounded like a convincing replication.

Thanks for the constructive criticisms. I will keep those in mind. As a matter of fact, I listened to it again and ya, some bends sounded wayyyy off

Quote by MentaLrz
out of tune, sounds like a dying cat.

I'm pretty sure my guitar is in tune. The tone is kinda bad b/c I'm playing through an USB interface and I'm still learning the software. Thanks for listening though.