I just read vegans don't eat honey because bees are animals of course, which they then said are related to lobsters and and other crustaceans etc. as well as worms, which is why they don't agree with the dissection of worms.

Which makes me think, if they abhor the idea of dissection, then am I off to think they shouldn't use any modern healthcare as it's based historically and today on the dissection and testing of animals when convenient and necessary?

I'm not vegan, nor plan to be. I just get curious when people live by a set of rules how far they follow them.
No.
Knowledge that has previously been attained shouldn't be ignored.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by Simsimius
No.
Knowledge that has previously been attained shouldn't be ignored.

OK... But would a Vegan die if they needed a heart transplant and they could only get a pigs heart or valve?

They do that you know... You must be retarded.
being vegan is impossible anyway

sombody post the cow picture
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by askrere
OK... But would a Vegan die if they needed a heart transplant and they could only get a pigs heart or valve?

They do that you know... You must be retarded.

It totally depends on the individual.
Many diabetic vegans use pig/horse/I can't remember insulin. I think the point of veganism is to limit your impact on other animals. In a life and death situation I think exceptions can be made, especially for the case of higher lifeform v lower lifeform [and using already harvested "waste" material from the meat industry for medical purposes]. But whatever, each person has their own values and there is no one strict guideline.

Also I already deleted that insult as it was dumb for me to say such a thing, but I said so as it's like saying we shouldn't perform caesarians as we used murder to learn about it [via concentration camps].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by Burgery
being vegan is impossible anyway

sombody post the cow picture

Hereyago.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
thanks
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Veganism or vegitarianism doesn't have to mean complete abstinence, instead it can be seen as a conscious decision to reduce the use of animal produce.
Who cares? Let them do what they want.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Well, let me put it this way:

Many advances in modern medicine were provided by Axis (read: Nazi and WWII Japanese) scientists, using immoral techniques such as vivisection on humans and...stuff you probably don't want to know about, unless you have a very morbid and sadistic curiosity. It's a shame that so few actually have one.

Nonetheless, we still use the knowledge and techniques we've gained from their inhumane experiments today.

Would you stop using them on a moral basis?
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Most of our knowledge of pneumonia (I think that's the one...) comes from Nazi human experimentation if I'm not mistaken. We still use it to help people.

^^^ Ninja'd
Last edited by Epi g-310 at Apr 10, 2012,
Can vegans swallow sperm? Technically it's the product of an animal.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by shavorules42
Can vegans swallow sperm? Technically it's the product of an animal.

More importantly: can pro-lifers swallow sperm? Technically it's genocide.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart

Even worse, man, it's friggin cannibalism!
I have no sig
Quote by Mr Winters
Even worse, man, it's friggin cannibalism!

That's why I only blow my load in sheeps mouths.

Wait, what?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Todd Hart

NO THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT BECOMES A HUMAN AT CONCEPTION EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T HAVE A NERVOUS SYSTEM AND IT'S ONLY SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN BACTERIA!
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
vegans can do what they like because they are always 50 steps ahead of everybody else.
Quote by Bag'oFlour
vegans can do what they like because they are always 50 steps ahead of everybody else.

I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for about 9 years but recently stopped eating dairy and eggs trying to figure out what's giving me indigestion, I think I'll continue this as I feel much better since. However my mum is a vegan and I was shocked to find out about the whole honey thing... I'm not sure what it is but come on, we actually have declining global bee populations and bee keeping is really good as far as making more bees is concerned
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Simsimius
It totally depends on the individual.
Many diabetic vegans use pig/horse/I can't remember insulin. I think the point of veganism is to limit your impact on other animals. In a life and death situation I think exceptions can be made, especially for the case of higher lifeform v lower lifeform [and using already harvested "waste" material from the meat industry for medical purposes]. But whatever, each person has their own values and there is no one strict guideline.

Also I already deleted that insult as it was dumb for me to say such a thing, but I said so as it's like saying we shouldn't perform caesarians as we used murder to learn about it [via concentration camps].

I agree with this post (Its usually pig or bovine insulin (fun fact: horses are used to produce tetanus antibodies)). Just because previous knowledge might have been obtained by animal experiments doesn't mean it should be ignored. It's already happened and lives have probably been saved with some of this knowledge. Some people may disagree, but that's just human nature, oh well.
It is completely down to the individual. It's not simply a case of "oh you're vegan? So you don't eat honey or use heart transplants?"

It completely depends on their motivations for veganism. As many have said, it can be about reducing your impact on animals, about not causing suffering to other animals, about not using animals unless it is strictly for survival... etc.

It's risky business clumping all vegans or vegetarians together, it's not like there is set dogmatic law to being vegan or vegetarian.

EDIT: On the honey point though, to bee honest I think it's pretty advantageous for the bees anyway. And you can't really domesticate or capture them like other animals, all you can do is make a nice home and hope they stay.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by MadClownDisease
I bet you had to really comb the text to notice that.

*applause*
Quote by Vabolo
Well, let me put it this way:

Many advances in modern medicine were provided by Axis (read: Nazi and WWII Japanese) scientists, using immoral techniques such as vivisection on humans and...stuff you probably don't want to know about, unless you have a very morbid and sadistic curiosity. It's a shame that so few actually have one.

Oh I have one
Quote by JayR_guitar
I agree with this post (Its usually pig or bovine insulin (fun fact: horses are used to produce tetanus antibodies)). Just because previous knowledge might have been obtained by animal experiments doesn't mean it should be ignored. It's already happened and lives have probably been saved with some of this knowledge. Some people may disagree, but that's just human nature, oh well.

Funner fact: antivenoms are usually produced by injecting horses with spider and snake venom.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quite a popular form of veganism is rejecting frivolous abuse of animals, like eating them or using them for fur. Medicine is a non frivolous use of animals.
Quote by psyks
Quite a popular form of veganism is rejecting frivolous abuse of animals, like eating them or using them for fur. Medicine is a non frivolous use of animals.

Eating them is serious business. So is cooking them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
vegans just see life as something that is a right given to all living things by god. they can have their own personal morals/ideas on what they consider to be the level of life they wont harm. myself, i dont kill anything, except those tiny tiny little red baby spiders that you randomly find scattering around. i have no idea how those things live. but i wont kill a bee, but im no longer a veggie, so il eat honey. if i was, and when i was, honey was out of my diet. they harm a lot of bees i heard. so lets all keep our morals to ourselves
Contradiction is one animal-byproduct vegans have to deal with.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Eating them is serious business. So is cooking them.

I often smoke a pipe in an italian suit while cooking meat to indicate how serious it is.

It's very serious.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Contradiction is one animal-byproduct vegans have to deal with.

I often smoke a pipe in an italian suit while cooking meat to indicate how serious it is.

It's very serious.

I grow a beard and stroke it in a thoughtful manner before beginning to even prepare meat.

Something like this.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by MadClownDisease
It's not f-honey to make fun of vegans, you guys.

The buzz around town is that vegans might float like a butterfly, but they sting like something lese entirely. Like a nettle or some shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave