I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. A while ago I acquired a Dunlop Heil talkbox. When I plugged my peavey amp head into it, and when I tried to use it for the first time the red light on the front lit up and then it stopped working. I took a peek inside and everything seemed to be fine. I figured that the light bulb acts as a safety fuse and blew out on me, but I have since lost that light bulb. I really don't know how to troubleshoot this one...

Think I could just replace whatever bulb was in there and it will work again??
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Misc Pedals
Q: How do I set up the Talk Box?
A:
1. Hook your guitar up to any pre-amp effects you desire (Crybaby, Fuzz Face, etc.).
2. Have the last item in your pre-amp effects go into the input of your amp head.
3. Connect a cable from the speaker out of your amp head to the input of the Talk Box. Be sure to use a heavy duty speaker cable rather than a standard guitar cable.
4. Connect your 8 ohm speaker or speaker cabinet to the output of the Talk Box.
5. Put the end of the clear tube from the Talk Box alongside your microphone so that the tube fits in your mouth near the microphone. Set your mic up as you would normally with another amp and speaker. The toggle switch on the Talk Box controls whether the sound is affected by the Talk Box or not.

Did you do this?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Yup. Plugged into amp, amp speaker out to talk box, talk box to cab, turned on talkbox, played a few notes, poof...no talkbox. The red light on the front lit up for a brief second and then went out. After that it wouldn't work anymore. I know it was set up correctly because for a while it was working. I turned up the amp a bit more and then nothing...

I just need to figure out what I broke and how to go about fixing it i guess.
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Misc Pedals
How are you powering it?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
it's not powered. The Dunlop Heil talkbox doesn't require a power supply since it's getting the signal directly from output of the amp. It's basically just like a little extension cabinet with a hose attached to it I guess..
Gretsch 5120
Fender Jazzmaster
MIM Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Misc Pedals