I have plans to make a solo demo, acoustic or not I don't know yet, because I don't know the capabilities of my friend's mic which is what I would be using. I have 3 tracks written full and two others in progress.

I plan on recording guitar, bass and vocals with his mic under a click track and sending it to Reaper and programming the drums in Reaper. After recording I will mix it in Reaper.

Once I can rent a bass and a decent amp out I can record the bass tracks for the demo.

I am also a nervous wreck for vocals as I have barely any experience. Should,I just leave it instrumental?

I think I will be recording under the advisory of my friend, so what should I prepare for?

If this all goes over well I plan on showing it to friends and maybe start a band with some of them.

I'm also worried my newer lyrics might be too controversial but I think I'll live.
I am trying to undertake the same thing man, I am a terrible vocalist but I figured I am just gonna do it whether the vocals sound good or not. I have 5 instrumentals done, and lyrics for one of them, as for the bass, you could record it on guitar and than in Reaper lower it an octave and voila, a 'bass' track, it will save time.
You know, I just recently recorded myself singing one of my songs. I have never heard a recording of my own vocals before - and was horrified by how crappy they sounded. After tossing it around from friend to friend - and then to some jerks - it turns out I'm just being too harsh on myself.

Moral here is, just do it and don't be nervous - no matter what it will sound somewhat terrible to you - you're your own worst critic. Mic wise, took me a bit to get my acoustic mic'd properly (I tend to record it twice as I don't have two mics). One recording is at the hole (6 inches back) and the other is at the 12th fret (6 inches as well).

Lastly, if you're recording with your friend involved - take his advice if he has some to give. If its just negative feedback, take from that the basics and keep moving. If the entire demo is to move forward musically (in terms of a band) then keep at it, I know I'm probably coming off like a hippie or something but no one can stop you other than yourself.
Hey guys. I'm not of much help here, but I also am doing the same thing. I'm not really good at singing by any means, but I'm gonna sing just because I feel like I have to. People pay a lot more attention to songs with lyrics than just acoustic guitar.
I'm not even bothering with bass, because I feel like just acoustic guitar and vocals work really well together.
I say to just practice singing in any ways you can. Look up videos on YouTube and just sing a lot. If there's anything I can help with, let me know!

Good luck to you both!
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
I also figured, theres a lot of bands out there that cant sing good live so dont worry if u dont sound good, and i agree with That_Dude, you are your own worst critic, and greekboy slim has a point you dont really need bass, acoustic guitar and vocals sounds great as is.

Thanks greekboy, good luck to you to!
Either:

1. Practice singing and get better.

Or

2. Get a someone more experienced in singing to sing your tracks.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
What is the purpose of the demo? What do you hope to achieve?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Okay.... you alluded to two goals, though not terribly specifically.

To share with friends - to show them your songwriting skills, your guitar skills, your mixing skills, your singing skills... or all of the above? If it is just to show your guitar skills and arranging skills, then you can just forget about vocals and make a killer guitar demo. If you want to show off your writing skills, then you might be best hiring a singer to learn the songs and sing them.

To maybe form a band with them... okay, so you want them to know how good a guitar player you are, then, right? No vocals required!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.