Did a search and didn't find anything similar. Anyway, are there any ACM@UCO students here on UG? I'm going to be going to ACM (Oklahoma location) next fall for guitar performance. Very few students get into the school from what I understand, so I feel pretty nervous. Anyone here a student currently???
I am in my first semester and I actually don't think ts that hard to get in, tbh.
But it's awesome you're going, it's an amazing school and a really great opportunity for anyone who wants to be in the music business.

It can be hard though, like you don't focus on just playing guitar but also music theory and the industry side of things, and some people struggle with the theory aspects, I for one struggle with the industry side ha!
but you're put into a band and you perform every other week!

Edit: oh yeah, there aren't enough bassists or drummers IMO, but what else is new ha
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Last edited by TDKshorty at Apr 10, 2012,
Quote by TDKshorty
I am in my first semester and I actually don't think ts that hard to get in, tbh.
But it's awesome you're going, it's an amazing school and a really great opportunity for anyone who wants to be in the music business.

It can be hard though, like you don't focus on just playing guitar but also music theory and the industry side of things, and some people struggle with the theory aspects, I for one struggle with the industry side ha!
but you're put into a band and you perform every other week!

That sounds amazing. I'm actually wanting to get into the industry side of music so it's good that it focuses a bit on that. The theory part is going to suck though :/ I've taken classical lessons before and despised it.
Not to the ACM part. But I have friends who go there.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by NoLoveLee
That sounds amazing. I'm actually wanting to get into the industry side of music so it's good that it focuses a bit on that. The theory part is going to suck though :/ I've taken classical lessons before and despised it.

Like you have a tech development where you work on developing a practice routine and scales and different rhythms and stuff
And then you have a fundamentals which is the basics; reading notes, meters and time signatures, key signature and how to build chords and scales and all that good stuff
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness