After I saw Sungha Jung's playing style, I decided to learn fingerstyle or finger picking method. I started some beginner's lesson, but now I'm studying a song Love Story(Taylor Swift) that was played by Sungha Jung. It is because someone said that I should practice a song instead of a basic fingerpicking pattern to help me improve myself. Any opinions if playing this song will help me get started in fingerstyle world? I just need some tips.
Last edited by VieraXVIII at Apr 11, 2012,
I think if you look at the way Sungha plays, he doesn't really do patterns. He is picking out the melody and filling out the chords with the bass notes. So, if you want to do what he does, I think learning any song that you like in that style is a good choice.
Firstly, stop typing like in huge text. It's annoying.

Secondly, there are a ton of threads which suggest good fingerpicking songs or where to start with fingerpicking. Use the search bar.

I'm not a complete dick though so I'll give you some easy songs:

Stairway To Heaven
Blackbird
Dust In The Wind
Landslide

[/generic suggestions]

Once you get to a decent level, have a go at:

Angelina - Tommy Emmanuel
Soothsayer - Buckethead
Classical Gas - Mason Williams
if u want some nice songs i can send it to you... get me on jake.swtai@gmail.com ... i just started playing few months back so i have some basic songs from sungha u can learn.. they are in pdf form.. and i have some other easy songs as well
Quote by PrinceEvo
if u want some nice songs i can send it to you... get me on jake.swtai@gmail.com ... i just started playing few months back so i have some basic songs from sungha u can learn.. they are in pdf form.. and i have some other easy songs as well

Of course I want them >.< thanks a lot. I hope those songs can help me. Here is my email, eternal_axis@yahoo.com
Quote by VieraXVIII
Thanks for the info, a little bit lazy to use the search bar >.<

Which takes far less effort than making a thread...
A lot of classical guitar songs are great fingerpicking practive, just check it out on google.
They're often rated from easier to harder too.
- - - - - - - - - - -
just do some basic practice,chords with melody
after that play some classical songs,which is good for your fingerstyle
wish you good luck.