Anyone else wish they would make a 212 combo for the mesa rectifiers?
It would be nice to have something other than 5150/6505 combos to play in an apartment.

what do you guys think?
They have the Roadster... DAMN HEAVY!!!! Head + 2x12 is the best option IMO.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
wake me when there's a road king 1x12 combo
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Even if Mesa makes a Rec combo, it'll still be loud as fuck. Luckily, they have a Mini Rec that's about 25 watts. Around 750 used most likely.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
^the mini rec is about as close as u'll get. otherwise something like amplitube would be the least heavy option. only ways as much as an iPhone or laptop
Theres cuurently the roadster 212 combo. Theres the rectoverb 112. There used to be a rectoverb 212 IIrc.

Unlike tje 5150, none of those are apartment friendly. Not even the mini rec. they all sound great but even the mini needs to be reasonably loud
Quote by NosralTserrof
Even if Mesa makes a Rec combo, it'll still be loud as fuck. Luckily, they have a Mini Rec that's about 25 watts. Around 750 used most likely.

Not like the mini recto is going to have a lower min volume than any of the other amps listed in the thread.

If you're worried about volume in an apt, then you're most likely going to have to trade off the best tone that any all valve amp can give you. My 6505 sounds 'ok' with the lead channel master volume at 0. But it's still rather lifeless & the gain seems anemic compared to when it's at 0.5 (or so), once the amp actually starts doing anything other than idling. At that point, it's much louder than regular TV watching volumes.

If you can't every open the taps just a little, then I'd probably look at a modeling amp or something like a POD. My neighbors are pretty cool, so I don't get crapped on for playing louder than I should, but I'm still thinking about switching over to a tube vypyr so that I get a better tone at minimum volume.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
No. Combos are horrible. Giant masses of dead weight. If you need to save space, just get a head + 212 combo setup.

Also, combos are not any quieter than heads. If that is what you were implying.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I can usually get my 5150 to about 2-3. if it's the middle of the day I can push it from 4-6 though I rarely go that high.

And no, I wasn't implying that combos are not as loud as head/cab. I was just musing to myself on how how I would not mind a rectifier combo. It just seems like combos would be cheaper that a head and a 212.
Well the awesome thing about a cab is that you only have to buy one once. Then you can just collect heads, and ultimately save a lot of space by stacking them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X