So I'm buying my first electric guitar and I don't know if this is a good deal or not so I need help from u guys. The guitar is a prs and its a 25th anniversary version of the SE custom 24(which only has bird inlays as a difference), Its sold with an installment plan of 75$/12months.

What do u think
I read a few reviews on this site and everyone seems to be paying around $500 - $600, and if you pay $75 for 12 months you would have paid out $900, so no it's not a good deal at all.

PRS make amazing guitars, I've played a few and even the lower end models felt really good to play. If you can save up and buy it all at once, as you'll get a great guitar and save yourself that $300-$400.
I have one of these and they are awsome good for most styles of music - it scores a 9.1 on UG http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/paul_reed_smith/se_custom_24/index.html

but that is not the anniversary edition - because of the payment plan you are always gonna pay a bit more than if you buy it straight.Music shops are always negotiable tho so ask them to shave off a few $ else look for it somewhere else but as far as electrics go this is one of the top ones for the price range.
i bought my son a used PRS 25th Anny Custom 24 SE.

it's a great guitar, but i paid about $325 for it iirc.

i wouldn't spend $900 on one, i'd find a used USA PRS for that kind of money.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The only PRS I plan on getting is the SE One. IDK their necks are kinda gross don't you think?

=/

I like them though, very well built.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
How do I know if I have 25th Anniversy PRS SE Custom 24?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
IDK their necks are kinda gross don't you think?

What didn't you like about them? They have a bunch of different carves on the SE models, The wide/fat carve is awesome.

To the OP, that's a quality guitar, but kind of a bad price. You can get a comparable guitar for half that on the used market. If you must finance it, sweetwater will do 18 months with 0% interest if you qualify. The new SE Navarros are cool, beveled top, 24 frets, bird inlays, for about $650.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
The only PRS I plan on getting is the SE One. IDK their necks are kinda gross don't you think?

=/

I like them though, very well built.
I have the PRS SE Paul Allender and think the neck is awesome. It seems like the same neck that's on my buddy's SE Custom 24.
Quote by Dr Sixstring
How do I know if I have 25th Anniversy PRS SE Custom 24?

the finish color on front and back, headstock veneer matching the body, bird inlays, two tone gig bag iirc.

what color is yours? they came in blue red and yellow. the yellow ones have a red back.
The headstock is the same colour as the body. Mines kinda of an orange-ish red. I could find a picture. Mine has Bird Inlays. The gig bag it came with is a Maroon/Red kinda of colour. Looks like this one:
Attachments:
PRS SE Custom 24.jpg

Digitech Bad Monkey

Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 11, 2012,
My buddy's non anniversary Custom 24 is Orange.

Edit: Yep like your picture. Probably not the Anniversary.
Last edited by fly135 at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by Dr Sixstring
The headstock is the same colour as the body. Mines kinda of an orange-ish red. I could find a picture. Mine has Bird Inlays. The gig bag it came with is a Maroon/Red kinda of colour. Looks like this one:

i think that's a 2012.
Don't finance a guitar. If you cannot afford it out right, then don't buy it.
Quote by ATLstang
What didn't you like about them? They have a bunch of different carves on the SE models, The wide/fat carve is awesome.

To the OP, that's a quality guitar, but kind of a bad price. You can get a comparable guitar for half that on the used market. If you must finance it, sweetwater will do 18 months with 0% interest if you qualify. The new SE Navarros are cool, beveled top, 24 frets, bird inlays, for about $650.

I just haven't played one that screamed "buy me, now, or your missing out".

It might have been the strings/setup too.

So far, all I really know I want out of an instrument is a Soundgear SR-400, or... well, a cello I guess.

Jackson Soloist maybe.

TS, this is your FIRST guitar? Get a cheapie. You obviously don't even know what feels good to you yet.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by gregs1020
i think that's a 2012.

I bought it september of 2011. And I don't even think the 2012 have come out yet.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Dr Sixstring
I bought it september of 2011. And I don't even think the 2012 have come out yet.

we didn't get that orange in the shop until feb or march? hmm. i thought the anny ones were just the red/yellow/blue ones with the two tone bag and the other stuff i listed. hey i could be wrong, i'm just going off memory from a while back.