http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VUrskFjfhc

4:27 - 4:30

I think it's played with hammerons and pulloffs but i'm having a seriously difficult time getting it to sound right that way. I was wondering if it would sound as good if not better alternate picked?

Tabs are below..

e|------------------------------15-17-18-17-15-------------------------------------------------
B|------------------15-17-18---------------------18-17-18-17--------------------------------
G|-----15-17-18---------------------------------------------------19-18-17-----17-19-17---
D|-17-----------------------------------------------------------------------------20-------------21
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e|-----------------------------------------------18----17-18-20-22~~
B|---------17-18-17----20-18-17-18-20-----18--------------------
G|-17-19------------19-------------------------------------------------
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 11, 2012,
I guess what it comes down to is: are you trying to sound exactly like the song or just something similar?

seriously try it both ways you may prefer one over the other, or maybe a combo of the two.

also where did the tabs come from, because if it doesn't say to hammer-on/ pull-off, its probably not done that way, unfortunately I dont know exactly because I can't watch the video while I'm at work...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
What works best for you, works best for you. Try both and stick the one that feels best to you/makes the sound you want.

Personally i would play that with as much legato as possible, but that's just my style.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Synster Gates uses lots of Legato so it probably is picked. If thats how you find it easier or prefer the sound, do that but I suspect that it is picked
Sounds Picked.........heard it only once....im pretty sure its picked
Gear:-
ESP LTD M-50.
Roland Cube20XL.
Warwick Rockbass Corvette Classic 5-String.
Warwick BC-40 Bass Amp.
Morley Power Wah.
EHX Big Muff.
I would economy pick all of it?

Depends on the player...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."