So, It's my birthday soon (July) and my mum says that she'll buy me a guitar if it's a reasonable price. I was thinking maybe a Cort, Ibanez, Epi, or Jackson (Maybe?). You guys'll have a better knowledge of guitars and I just thought I'd post this on here to see what'll come up. Please can you recommend a guitar(s)?. I was thinking a Jackson Dinky JS?

Budget: Up to £230ish

Genres: I like to play Metal

Style/Colour: I want a guitar that would be as easy playing sitting as it would playing standing up, so I don't want a Flying V or any crazy shapes like that. I'd also like it to be either black or white.

Extras I'd like to have a Floyd Rose or a locking nut. I'd also like a whammy which goes both ways. I'd rather have single coils instead of humbuckers.

Once again, Please recommend a guitar with these qualities.
Thanks.
Last edited by BVBKilljoy at Apr 11, 2012,
For 230 pounds, you might as well forget about the Floyd - even if you do find a guitar with a double-locking trem in this price range, it's not going to be good unless you find a bargain in the used market.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
Yeah, A floyd isn't that important I guess. Also, I REALLY don't like strats, or jaguars, or telescasters, or, well, come to think of it, anything by fender.
Yeah, that's nice.
And colour isn't much important either. In fact, I looked at an Ibanez in faded purple (Yes, I know, out of my price range.) and that was pretty nice, they also do the same in a faded dark green which I rather liked.
I think the closest to your exact specification would be something like a Jackson JS23 Dinky or Ibanez GRG.
Those strats were the only SSS guitars in your price range. I tried to avoid HH guitars, since you said you don't want humbuckers.

Also, whilst the lower grade trems aren't going to be Original FR standard, I'm sure they're not as bad as people say. I've had my Jackson Dinky for about 10 years and the trem stayed solidly in tune for at least 5 years. Most people who complain probably don't stretch their strings. I doubt the trem on my Jackson is any better than that of the Kramer I linked you to. For your budget, I thought it seemed quite good.
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
Do you have an amp already or do you need to buy one out of your budget?
Quote by G-Dog_666
Those strats were the only SSS guitars in your price range. I tried to avoid HH guitars, since you said you don't want humbuckers.

Also, whilst the lower grade trems aren't going to be Original FR standard, I'm sure they're not as bad as people say. I've had my Jackson Dinky for about 10 years and the trem stayed solidly in tune for at least 5 years. Most people who complain probably don't stretch their strings. I doubt the trem on my Jackson is any better than that of the Kramer I linked you to. For your budget, I thought it seemed quite good.

I've had very different experiences with budget superstrats. I'm guessing it's really a hit-or-miss type of thing, but odds are really high of getting a "miss" as far as I know.

Then again a friend of mine had a licensed Floyd and only had to replace it when it fell down a flight of stairs and couldn't be set up properly again.
Yeah, I have a Marshal MG10 Amp because I only play in my bedroom, I also have Guitar Rig 4 on my laptop. However I may need to buy a hard case as I only have a padded zip-up one, I guess that'll come out of my budget. But yeah, I may get a Kramer.
Last edited by BVBKilljoy at Apr 11, 2012,