I recently bought a Diamond Nitrox as my first professional grade tube amp, but the one thing missing for it to be considered prefect is reverb in the clean channel.

It's obviously not a Fender, but I really do like the actual raw sound of the clean channel of this amp, but after listening, I couldn't help but miss a reverb.

My previous amp was a Peavy Vypyr Tube 60, and the Fender Twin Reverb model was pretty spot on.

After doing some research, the two pedals that appear to give the sound that I'm looking for is the Tech 21 RVB and the T-Rex Room-Mate.

The Room-Mate is the most expensive option, but the tech 21 looks to be just as good for a better price. Anyone have experience with reverb pedals that will give me the best?

Here is my rig:
(Invalid img)
DBZ Bird of Prey Sepulchre
Diamond Nitrox Head
Diamond Nitrox 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by dspari1 at Apr 14, 2012,
This pedal seems to get alot of good reviews - http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/spring-chicken however, in the past I just used an EHX Holy Grail and it sounded fine and has a wide variety of sounds. At the moment Im using the built in reverb in my 1979 Musicman HD 130 2-12 and it sounds the best. Guess you can't really beat proper reverb but you can get close!
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
You can't go wrong with a TC Electronic Hall of Fame. I love mine -- and if I'm on the clean channel, the Hall of Fame is on.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by andrerist
^i'd definitely check out the hall of fame. tc just makes an awesome product

Now, for a pedal n00b question.

Are Reverb pedals intrusive to the original amp's sound? If I only want reverb for only part of a song, do these pedals make it sound like a different amp all together, or does it keep my original amps' voicing with the added reverb?
Diamond Nitrox Head
There may be some 'tone suck' but if you put the pedal in the amp's effects loop you won't notice its there.
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Quote by Joshthedamaja
There may be some 'tone suck' but if you put the pedal in the amp's effects loop you won't notice its there.

Thanks.
Diamond Nitrox Head
Quote by dspari1
Now, for a pedal n00b question.

Are Reverb pedals intrusive to the original amp's sound? If I only want reverb for only part of a song, do these pedals make it sound like a different amp all together, or does it keep my original amps' voicing with the added reverb?

Depends on the reverb. If it's a $30 behringer reverb. Yes. If it's a $500 eventide space, probably not no.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Depends on the reverb. If it's a $30 behringer reverb. Yes. If it's a $500 eventide space, probably not no.

Thanks.$500 is a bit steep for an effects pedal lol. But for the other ones mentioned in this thread, are these intrusive pedals?
Diamond Nitrox Head
Quote by dspari1
Thanks.$500 is a bit steep for an effects pedal lol. But for the other ones mentioned in this thread, are these intrusive pedals?

It all depends on how intense you have the reverb set, if it's set in the loop or in front of the amp, what type of buffer or bypass it has. Really, they have the potential to be noticeably different and incredibly subtle.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
the tech 21 rvb is a very good sounding reverb pedal.

what i didn't like about it was the "boost" function. basically i had to get the boost dial set and tape it in place so it didn't shift causing a volume drop or boost when i engaged the pedal.

other than that, great stuff as usual from tech 21.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I had a hardwire rv7 for a number of years. It was a damn fine, versatile reverb. Only sold it to get myself an eventide space.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore