Page 1 of 3
Om nom nom nom pie
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Peta...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I'd love for one day to go by where i don't see something and think " What twat thought thought that was a good idea".
Why was this poster a bad idea? I honestly don't understand the issue here. If this had been from a government health warning on cigarettes or whatever there wouldn't be a fuss, but because it's Peta and apparently recently everyone in the UK has realised pies are the most important thing ever it's wrong.

That is to Peta, not you TS
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
If done properly, Veganism is better for the environment, your health, and obviously the animals. There's no argument against those facts. To be honest I don't see whats wrong with this idea, Its short and to the point. If it was some other organization that came up with it, I bet people wouldn't hate it so much, but the fact that its PETA really pisses people off.
I wish these arseh*les would find something else to do with their time.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Last edited by deathdrummer at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by Dewy141
If done properly, Veganism is better for the environment, your health, and obviously the animals. There's no argument against those facts. To be honest I don't see whats wrong with this idea, Its short and to the point. If it was some other organization that came up with it, I bet people wouldn't hate it so much, but the fact that its PETA really pisses people off.

I'm not sure I'd say beyond all doubt veganism is better for you. Fatty meat is always bad for you, but there are a lot of vitamins and minerals etc that are in meat that although you can get them elsewhere, are not as easy to get.
A balanced healthy diet can include meat and milk etc just as easily (or perhaps more easily) that one that doesn't.

Similarly it depends if you're talking about an ideal world or actual if it's better for the animals. A move to veganism would not be in the interest of currently domesticated animals.
PETA are bad and their message are bad.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Dewy141

How?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Like I said, If its done properly it can be a great thing. I agree that a balanced lifestyle is just as or maybe healthier than Veganism. The key to being healthy is exercise and a variety of foods and the right amount of foods, I know you agree with that. The reason I think Veganism would be better for the animals, is simply because, they wouldn't be killed.
People Eating Tasty Animals.

On topic: This does literally nothing for me. If anything it just made me laugh.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by Dewy141
Like I said, If its done properly it can be a great thing. I agree that a balanced lifestyle is just as or maybe healthier than Veganism. The key to being healthy is exercise and a variety of foods and the right amount of foods, I know you agree with that. The reason I think Veganism would be better for the animals, is simply because, they wouldn't be killed.

I didn't ask about the animals. I asked about the environment.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
How?

Vegan diets have foods that are grown in sustainable manners without using a ton of resources.
The reason I say it's better for your health if done properly is because your getting rid of a lot of processed foods out of your diet if you go Vegan. I understand that having a balanced diet and lifestyle is as healthy as Veganism, but I believe that if you have the initiative to become a vegan than you will also start exercising and ultimately become healthier and happier. I know there exceptions to all diets and what not, I just think Veganism is a step in the right direction if you want to stop eating pizza pockets and watching family guy for 6 hours a day.
I'm not obese, so my going vegan wouldn't make the slightest difference to obesity.
Also, I have 2 makers, my mum and dad, and I already met them.

So thats me 2, PETA 0.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by jambi_mantra

Sorry, I responded to your question before I seen this post.
If more people adopted the vegan diet, the types of farming out there would adapt to the new demand. Having a large variety of crops is a lot better for the environment than cattle, livestock, and monoculture farming, and Vegan diets go hand in hand with multi culture farming.
Last edited by Dewy141 at Apr 11, 2012,
PETA are a group of idiots.

But people getting upset of this are even bigger idiots.

We have coffin-shape food items every Halloween and no one cares..
Quote by Dewy141

You said veganism is better for your health though, which isn't the same as you've just admitted a meat eating diet can be "just as or maybe healther than veganism".

Quote by jambi_mantra

The main point I'm aware of is that the efficiency of energy transfer from grain to animals is about 10%, which means as well as the space needed for animals, you are growing ten times as much grain etc than could be eaten by humans for the same yield.
Some land is only suitable for animals grazing, but in general crops are a much more efficient use of space.

Quote by Dewy141
Vegan diets have foods that are grown in sustainable manners without using a ton of resources.
The reason I say it's better for your health if done properly is because your getting rid of a lot of processed foods out of your diet if you go Vegan. I understand that having a balanced diet and lifestyle is as healthy as Veganism, but I believe that if you have the initiative to become a vegan than you will also start exercising and ultimately become healthier and happier. I know there exceptions to all diets and what not, I just think Veganism is a step in the right direction if you want to stop eating pizza pockets and watching family guy for 6 hours a day.

There are a lot of non-vegan sustainable foods. Similarly there is a lot of non-vegan non-processed foods.
It seems to me you're not arguing for veganism, just a healthy lifestyle, and I think the obvious response would be "but I'm a meat eater and perfectly healthy?"
Vegan, nahhh.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Actually that poster looks pretty heavy metal.

Someone needs to photoshop one of the guys from Immortal or Gogoroth into the background and have a tagline along the lines of "Wanna taste immortality? Try one of our Immortal pies!"

Sadly, I really suck at photoshop..
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Eruption1991
Actually that poster looks pretty heavy metal.

Someone needs to photoshop one of the guys from Immortal or Gogoroth into the background and have a tagline along the lines of "Wanna taste immortality? Try one of our Immortal pies!"

Sadly, I really suck at photoshop..

I think this guy should do a coffin-shaped pie.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Maybe it would be the obvious response to say that, But I want to defend Veganism because I think people have the wrong idea of what it is and the benefits of it. People seem to hate vegetarians and vegans, and they always justify their hatred through ass-backwards facts.
If I was to go Vegan, It would be for environmental reasons. Just thought I would throw that in there.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think this guy should do a coffin-shaped pie.

Holy crap, that has to be the most hilarious thing I've seen all week.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Being vegan is no more healthy than having a meat based diet and eating well. Non-vegan =\= processed, which seems to be your main point of argument.

Growing crops is a far better use of land, no arguments there. Being properly vegan is a lot more hard work and requires a good knowledge of nutrition, otherwise it's actually unhealthy.
Manchester United
I live in Gloucestershire. That's all.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Ya my bad, I was in hyper defence mode when I said that It is without a doubt healthier than every other diet. If done properly It is a good diet for your health though, but I agree with the other guy that balancing a variety of foods is probably the best.
Quote by Maxico
I know fat vegan people (they lived that way for quite some time now). What do I win?

Genetics are pretty diverse, Vegans can be overweight, people who eat a crispy cream diet can be skinny. Theres exceptions to everything.
Quote by Dewy141
Genetics are pretty diverse, Vegans can be overweight, people who eat a crispy cream diet can be skinny. Theres exceptions to everything.

Calories in > calories out = fat bastard

Genetics may have nothing to do with it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
It might work in Gloucestershire, but not here in the North. There exists NOTHING which will stop the locals eating pies.
Quote by Dewy141

That's implying PETA is a facist organistion. Fighting something that's due to genetics? Uhhhh...

Just trolling btw....

Although I do know fat vegans.
My reaction:

I continue to think that PETA are the charity version of Vegan Reich.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Dewy141

Pfffft.

'Veganism' is an elitist affectation that only hipsters in rich nations can afford.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Calories in > calories out = fat bastard

Genetics may have nothing to do with it.

Although the first is a true statement, the second is not. (Excepting the weasel word 'may')

Some people, due to genetics, simply burn more (or less) calories per day than others, so while your equation remains correct, it's misleading, as it implies that genetics plays no part in the rate of burn.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 11, 2012,
Page 1 of 3