So I got to work this morning, sat down at my computer, went to clean my glasses with my shirt and broke them right in the middle....not cool. I've had these glasses for a long time, so I guess stress just eventually got the best of them and now I have tape holding them together in the middle. I look awesome if you were wondering.

So I need to buy new glasses, who's purchased new frames/lenses recently? I have contacts to hold me over, but glasses are so easy. The ones I have now are a fairly thin black square frame. I'm thinking about getting similar square style, but maybe turtle colored frames, and a bit thicker. Any suggestions? I'm also not looking to break the bank.

Who else sports glasses, where'd you get them, how much did they cost etc?
Get Ray-Ban aviators.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Get Wayfarers
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Thrill-house
I would just stick with contacts. That's what I do, I hate wearing glasses.

I may end up doing this for a while, don't want to drop the money on new glasses. However I'm lazy in the morning and at night, and even though it takes 2 seconds, I don't like putting in/taking out contacts. And occasionally I'll forget at night. Also in the mornings it's nice to just throw on glasses if you're lounging around or something. I do however only wear contacts when I'm playing sports of any kind.

Oh, and my gf likes me in glasses too.
Just buy some lenses and hold them in front of your eyes. Extra points for just straight up magnifying glasses.
Quote by BoyLilikoi
I may end up doing this for a while, don't want to drop the money on new glasses. However I'm lazy in the morning and at night, and even though it takes 2 seconds, I don't like putting in/taking out contacts. And occasionally I'll forget at night. Also in the mornings it's nice to just throw on glasses if you're lounging around or something. I do however only wear contacts when I'm playing sports of any kind.

Oh, and my gf likes me in glasses too.

You could get a cheap pair for around the house. I've got a pair that's a few years old for times like that.

I have been wearing these for 5 or 6 years. RayBan last forever if you take care of them, and they are not expensive.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
I would get 100000 pairs and cover all my walls in them if I were you. Then I would feed a giant pair to my neighbors dog and wait for it to stretch around them, then put a set of lenses in it that make your eyes look massive. Then youll look like a guy wearing a dog that ate a massive set of glasses frames that became a pair of glasses who has massive eyes and youll be able to see your walls well. Screw the RSPD. Fight the system man. They will tell you your crazy. Fight them. Fight your giant glasses pile wall thing. Fight everything. Fight that screwy pair of dog glasses.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by Svennz

I have been wearing these for 5 or 6 years. RayBan last forever if you take care of them, and they are not expensive.

Those look like old man glasses, no offence.
If you have a current eye prescription, there are a few on-line optical companies that sell all kinds of glasses at prices below what the Optometrist does. Zenioptical.com is one. Good luck.
http://www.coastal.com/ usually has a lot of cheap deals, and they have sales fairly often. If you want a cheap pair of glasses, that's the place to go.

I should note, however, that asking for specific suggestions for glasses is a fairly pointless pursuit, as any glasses that look good on one person are likely to look completely different on another, depending on head size/shape, eye width, etc.

Also, if you're planning on buying glasses online, you'd better go with frames you're already familiar with, as you won't get a chance to see how the new ones look before you buy them.
And so TS became the boy, the boy who lived....
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Just squint. I did that for 8 years, before I got contacts, because my glasses gave me a headache.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Just squint. I did that for 8 years, before I got contacts, because my glasses gave me a headache.

Wearing glasses gave you a headache but squinting constantly and not being able to see properly otherwise didn't?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Wearing glasses gave you a headache but squinting constantly and not being able to see properly otherwise didn't?

My eyesight isn't terrible, I only had to squint when I was reading
cat
I would get 100000 pairs and cover all my walls in them if I were you. Then I would feed a giant pair to my neighbors dog and wait for it to stretch around them, then put a set of lenses in it that make your eyes look massive.(Invalid img)
check out this site man, highly recommended. eyebuydirect.com. they have frames mailed to you for less than ten bucks. they have designer glasses, whatever u need. some get as low as 6 dollars, others are like 50.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by Suziebob
I would get 100000 pairs and cover all my walls in them if I were you. Then I would feed a giant pair to my neighbors dog and wait for it to stretch around them, then put a set of lenses in it that make your eyes look massive.(Invalid img)

LOL fail at the ad bot pushing up post count. Reported. But seriously. Its good advice.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
LOL fail at the ad bot pushing up post count. Reported. But seriously. Its good advice.

Reported for having too many sentences in the same line.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼