I've been using Elixir nanoweb anti-rust strings. They are great because they last a long time and won't rust. HOWEVER, I find that they lack in tone.

Do you have another suggestions? I don't like strings that get rusted fast, even if they sound better. I am hoping to find a good balance with long lasting strings with decent tone.
I've never had my Ernie Balls rust, maybe it's just me. Might want to give the Cobalt's a try they apparently have some pretty nice tone..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I've never had my Ernie Balls rust, maybe it's just me. Might want to give the Cobalt's a try they apparently have some pretty nice tone..

what about this? I heard they are great strings. Ernie Balls seems to come up a lot when talking bout good strings.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-3121-Coated-Titanium-Slinky-Electric-Guitar-Strings-105128664-i1424606.gc
I used to use D'Addario....good strings but just don't last as long.
D'addarios or those Boomers by GHS or something. Have Elixirs on my Composite Acoustic and they seem fine. Suggestions by us won't help too much you need to find what you like. Also SIT stay in tune strings are cheap and okay.
I love Dean Markley Blue Steels.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Vecheka
I love Dean Markley Blue Steels.

That is another one I heard....How is the tone? They are supposed to last a long time too. Why is that?

I really don't like Elixir's tone at all. They are terrible. They sound dead.
I had the coated Daddario EXPs once or twice on my acoustic and they were ok (I however break too many strings to keep paying extra for the coated ones), never tried them for electric but I presume they're just as good as their other strings
Ernie Ball makes some slinky titanium strings that really last a long time. Seem to have a bit of a breakin period but last 6mos + after that. Im addicted.
he of tranquil mind
Quote by fishmike
Ernie Ball makes some slinky titanium strings that really last a long time. Seem to have a bit of a breakin period but last 6mos + after that. Im addicted.

When you said they last more than 6mos...are you saying that the tone lasts more than 6mos? or do they start to rust after 6 mos?

I have the EVH 9-46 on my EVH Wolfgang, came with factory. I must say they sound really amazing. What I don't know is how long they will last, I guess time will tell. I am unwilling to sweat on the Wolfgang yet, so I am not going to battle test the strings. LOL

And they don't make the EVH in 10s, I don't think. I use 10s on my other guitars. Why? Simply because they don't break easy. I bend a lot. and I never break a 10s string when I am play on Sundays. I lead worship team at church.
Quote by sonnyrocker
When you said they last more than 6mos...are you saying that the tone lasts more than 6mos? or do they start to rust after 6 mos?

I have the EVH 9-46 on my EVH Wolfgang, came with factory. I must say they sound really amazing. What I don't know is how long they will last, I guess time will tell. I am unwilling to sweat on the Wolfgang yet, so I am not going to battle test the strings. LOL

And they don't make the EVH in 10s, I don't think. I use 10s on my other guitars. Why? Simply because they don't break easy. I bend a lot. and I never break a 10s string when I am play on Sundays. I lead worship team at church.

What brand are those?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
What brand are those?

Hi Dr. Sixstring, it is the EVH brand. It is Eddie Van Halen's own brand. They have it on sale on Guitar Center.com for $5.99 right now. I just bought some more and if you pick them up from a store near you (have them ship there), and shipping is free.
I got some of those 10s of Ernie Ball titanium coating tonight. I am going to try them out on my other guitar which uses 10s instead of 9s.