Hi wich Guitar should I buy ? The Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 or the Gibson Les Paul Traditional ?
I've got the Les Paul Traditional and I think it sounds a bit warmer than a LP Standard. The Traditional is a bit heavier than Standard and its neck is a bit thicker. The pickups on the Standard are a bit hotter than the ones on the Traditional, but I think the LP Traditional has the best sound.
I would get the traditional, that being said, which one do you like better? You have played them right?
Quote by JG1992
I've got the Les Paul Traditional and I think it sounds a bit warmer than a LP Standard. The Traditional is a bit heavier than Standard and its neck is a bit thicker. The pickups on the Standard are a bit hotter than the ones on the Traditional, but I think the LP Traditional has the best sound.

+1 I prefer the Traditional. It's basically what a standard used to be, before the chambered body thing.
shred is gaudy music
Play them both, use the same amp etc if you can and one of them you will find will be the one for you you will just know, its not a technical guitar thing its your gut feeling if you like.
One will just 'sing' to you.
^This is true when you find the guitar you will know, don't rush and expect us to tell you which one you will like because they are both great.
Some of those ESPs are really good.
I prefer the Standard to the Traditional (lighter, and a more manageable neck) - although I do have a slight preference for the pickups on the Trad (which are lower output and bit warmer and more vintagey). To me it's about the neck and weight, though. Pauls weigh a ton and I want to be able to play a guitar for hours and a time.

It's really about what you prefer, however, and for most people that's a neck decision. The necks feel VERY different and you shouldn't take anyone else's opinion. There's no substitute for going and playing both of them. Chances are when you play them one after the other you'll find yourself with a huge preference for one of them.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
^This is true when you find the guitar you will know, don't rush and expect us to tell you which one you will like because they are both great.
Some of those ESPs are really good.

I love mine, will choose them every time over a les paul...Hell I have three to prove my devotion lol