I have a broken POG, the first generation, not the micro or the POG II. It lights up and when I hit the switch, the light doesn't turn wont turn off and it bypasses the signal the entire time. It simply does nothing. I've done some research and this seems to be a very common problem, but no one has mentioned how to fix it.

I already contacted the people at EHX, they said since the pedal is discontinued, they can no longer fix it because they don't make replacement parts. I then asked for a schematic because I know a lot about electronics and I can fix it myself, but as I expected, they weren't about to give up that kind of information.

So my options are, find someone who has fixed this problem before and find out how they did it, or find someone who has a schematic. I did a google search and came up dry. Can anyone help me?
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Open it up, and see if you can find anything that looks wrong/broken, but I would be amazed if you could find the schematics for the pedal anywhere legally (for the same reason EHX wouldn't give you the schematics).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Sounds like a bad switch or relay. The first gen POGs had a relay on the board to turn the bypass on. Checking and re-soldering the switch contacts, and then replacing the relay, would be a good start.
Since you have the pedal yourself, can't you make a schematic yourself?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Since you have the pedal yourself, can't you make a schematic yourself?

I could, but it would take a month or so, and then I couldn't even share it because it would breach copy-write laws. But that's what I will have to do if I can't get the help I need first.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Schematics can't be copy-righted. EH could request that you remove the schematics but they don't have any legal standing.
^ which would be why they don't share it because clones could be made.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
^ which would be why they don't share it because clones could be made.

The POG is DSP based, you'd have to unload the code out of the ROM of the digital chip that is based around to copy any of the functionality (and that can easily be locked in when manufacturing)

I'd start testing with a voltmeter from the power jack outward, guessing some kind of electrolytic cap or voltage regulator has gone iffy
So it is, but I'd agree. It's probably some sort of power issue.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Hi, Did you sort it? I have the same problem with my 1st gen pog! No wonder it was discontinued!, please let me know if you found a fix. I'm going to try changing the foot switch first but. Yes you guessed it the only place that has these is Hong Kong or China so must wait for delivery from there!
Just tested switch and it's working OK anyone else had this problem? I guess it's the Hammer test next then!