I've been a bit of a BOSS fan girl recently but willing to grab myself the MXR because it is rather tasty.

Roughly the same price so this is tough.

Discuss.
I've been really curious to try the Noise Clamp. IMO, the biggest advantage of the NS-2 is that it's super easy to find used for $50 or less.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Do you have a budget? Is there anything in particular you like about the MXR over the Boss? Is there anything you like about the Boss over the MXR? Last, why limit it to those two if I may ask? Personally I'd recommend taking a close look at the ISP Decimator standard and G-String models. I know comparing the Boss to the ISP the ISP has it hands down in quieting.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Do you have a budget? Is there anything in particular you like about the MXR over the Boss? Is there anything you like about the Boss over the MXR? Last, why limit it to those two if I may ask? Personally I'd recommend taking a close look at the ISP Decimator standard and G-String models. I know comparing the Boss to the ISP the ISP has it hands down in quieting.

This man speaks the truth. I've used everything mentioned and I can attest to how good the Decimator is. I don't have the G-string model, but I can confirm without a doubt that the regular Decimator is an incredibly good pedal and is the better, if not the best, noise reduction pedal on the market today. I run mine out front to eliminate feedback and gate when not playing to pull of tight and staccato riffing and it's excellent in those regards.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
boss can kill your tone, but all noise gates do. I'd go with the mxr
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com