IDK if it goes here, but it's related to mixing so I felt this was the best place.

I have got quite a pickle here. I was using my headphones to watch some stuff, I set them down, and then decide to go render out a mix. But when I listen to it, the mix sounds completely different. When I check other songs, it sounds similar. It seems to be a bit muffled, and tinny. I have no idea what happened. After listening to my mp3 and laptop, it seems like it does it when I use the headphones, but not quite as bad. My other in-ear headphones don't sound like this when I plug them into my interface. So it's most likely the headphones. I'm so confused. Does anyone have an idea of what happened? I want to make sure because I'm cheap, and I don't want to drop the money on more headphones.
Welcome to the wonderful world of frequency response.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Every Speaker and Headphone hypes different frequencies, thus music will sound different through everything, especially if you're mixing it yourself.

It's more likely your mix than your headphones.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Every Speaker and Headphone hypes different frequencies, thus music will sound different through everything, especially if you're mixing it yourself.

It's more likely your mix than your headphones.

Yeah, that's not my point. My point is, my headphones suddenly sound tinny, and rounded, and there isn't as much bass response. They output the same level of volume, and there's no cutting out, it's just the response is entirely different. I know it isn't the mix because it sounded completely different, even though I didn't change a thing. I only brought up my earphones to point out that I don't think it's the jack, because they would exhibit a similar change in response, yet they sound no different.
Then tbh they're probably busted.

Quote by DisarmGoliath