Just look at that headstock. Gold tuners.

This is a Yamaha LS6. Just got it in today and have been playing it all afternoon. My fingers are sore.

I got it for $350ish off Musician's Friend, it goes for $500 new. So far, I'm really happy.

Engelmann spruce top, rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard. That's not something you see every day on a guitar at this price point. I love ebony fretboards. Smooth, smooth, smooth.

The neck is pretty slim, D-shape. I usually don't like acoustics as much as electrics, for one reason: the neck is usually much less comfortable. This guitar is an exception. It's really smooth, absolutely playable, and doesn't make your hand cramp up after long periods. This is a neck I'd be happy to have on an electric guitar.

The guitar sounds huge, and really responds to dynamics. It's also nice and articulate, and notes ring out well. Harmonics are great because they sort of float above the rest of the notes.

The guitar is great for finger picking or hard chord strumming. The stock strings are pretty good, and the guitar itself came mostly in tune, which is a testament to how well it was shipped. It came double-boxed.

Here's a picture of the back, which is just really beautiful:

A shot of the whole guitar:

I can put up clips, but I'm waiting on a new microphone cable. Recording with a 3ft mic cable sucks.

In all, I am super happy with this guitar, because it sounds way way better than my old acoustic.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Lovely guitar mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Lovely guitar mate

It's really lovely to look at, but even lovelier to hear.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah I can imagine, we have a lot of the Yamaha acoustic range at work, its always good fun trying to guess the value of the new models before checking.

We are usually out by a few hundred quid every time, Yamaha are just the best brand when it comes to sensibly priced acoustics.

I them.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Don't look now, but there's a Yamaha sitting on your sofa.

Congrats on the new guitar. NGD is always the best.
Those gold tuners are nuts man... they seem classy and not overdone, which is rare with gold things...

Happy NGD - No excuses on the recording though, get to work!

Not that I've ever seen something as pathetic as a 3ft XLR cable.
Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack
Ibanez Tubescream TS9
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Quote by lucky1978
If you're just playing at home or with friends, do it dude. Chicks dig stacks! Crank out some Metallica and do a couple of single moms!

I ask many questions.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah I can imagine, we have a lot of the Yamaha acoustic range at work, its always good fun trying to guess the value of the new models before checking.

We are usually out by a few hundred quid every time, Yamaha are just the best brand when it comes to sensibly priced acoustics.

I them.

Not just acoustics, IMO. Yamaha is a great value in pretty much everything they make.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i have a 1970 or 1971 yamaha fg-75 (i think?) welcome to the family man
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
rosewood back and sides!

very nice dylan!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD dude, Yamaha guitars are awesome!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Yamaha stuff is always a safe bet. I am quite fond of their acoustics, esp for the price. As Tom said, for value for money it's hard to beat a Yamaha.
Doesn't matter if it's guitars, pianos or motorbikes - Yamaha stuff is always a good buy. Maybe not always the best but always good.

HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Very beautiful guitar! Congrats!
I love Yamaha stuff. Well made and great value. I've got a DTX 550 e-drum kit and an APX500II acoustic/electric guitar that I love. I sometimes wish they made cars, but I heard that they will only enter "personal entertainment" markets. (I quess they don't drive like me )