I got this EBMM JP6 about three weeks ago but celebrating her birthday today! The EBMM forum has a thread where people ask the age of their guitars by serial number. They reply with the date of birth. It was made in 2003 and she’s 9 years old today! Doesn’t look a day over brand new. Not so much as a pick scratch. Even the case doesn’t have a scratch. Seller said he had several MM guitars and never played this one. I really like the guitar, love the unfinished (tung oil finished) neck and I’m playing it a lot. This is my third piece of Music Man gear and I’ve always been impressed with their stuff. Also my first “signature” guitar–and I happen to be a DT fan.

The action was nearly perfect but I messed with it anyway and got it even lower. Plays great. The output volume was lower than any of my other humbucker equipped guitars. The pickup height was noticeably low, I would guess about 3/8” from the strings. Adjusting the height was a little tricky because they’re screwed down tight to the bottom of the route which meant removing the strings and making shims. I considered that the EBMM screwed them down tight for a reason so I wanted to do the same. With no strings on it and nothing to really measure to or eyeball, I think I nailed the correct height perfectly for both pickups. Volume is now on par and even the tone has improved, Just the right amount of aggression but still sweet.

EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
I haaaaaaaaaaattttttteeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu D:

Want

HBNGD ;P Shred that thing up!

I mean playing-wise.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Congrats dude, that thing is pretty as. No doubt it's goddam amazing as well!
Only thing I don't like is the unfinished headstock, looks a bit out of place, but still seriously awesome!!
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I've never seen one of those in person...shore do look niiiiiiiiiice! HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Hey...any chance we could see a picture of it in full body outside of its case so we can get a better look at its gorgeousness?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 12, 2012,