Hey folks, I've been on the hunt for a rackmount effects unit that can deliver some good echo. I play metal and I'm shooting for a Strapping Young Lad-esque "wall of sound" type of tone. I know they used a Roland GP-100 but I've heard that particular unit is pretty unintuitive and outdated, though it does sound great. Something similar sounding would be awesome, any thoughts on the matter would be cool.
Have a look at this one here:


It was on my list, prior to buying an Eventide Eclipse Harmonizer. I might still buy one.

Also, check out this one. It's a bit higher, but still a good unit.

Last edited by KG6_Steven at Apr 11, 2012,
Alesis Quadraverb, for that money is almost impossible to get something better

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Yep, Quadraverb. Be patient and you'll probably score one off ebay for a tenth of what you had budgeted.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band