Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if a unit exists out there that can help me out with this?

In my cover's band we have 2 lead vocalists and we swap songs regularily while the other does backup. What would be nice it to be able to have the lead channel set at a certain volume and EQ and have the backup channel set at a slightly lower volume and EQ'd differently. The problem of course then is that when we swap who's lead singing we'll be standing infront of the wrong mics! Now if we had a sound man it'd be easy cause he could make changes on the fly but its a bit harder when your in a small venue with your own mixing board that's difficult to adjust quickly between songs.

I was wondering if there's a unit which has 2 mic inputs and two outputs. Then when you activate it, it swaps which inputs go to which outputs. Hope that makes sense.

I.e. intially input 1 goes to output 1 and input 2 goes to output 2. Once activated input 1 goes to output 2 and input 2 goes to output 1.

I can probably make something easy enough but hopfully something exists already.
its easily made

but as a Sound engineer, you dont need to EQ the vocals differently. the only thing i do to differentiate between lead and backing is the amount of reverb i place on them.

if you are just doing small gigs dont worry about it. Unless one of you is much louder than the other. then you will need the box
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Yes, such a thing does exist - it's called the sound guy. His job is more than trying to get laid - he's being paid to mix the set.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yes, such a thing does exist - it's called the sound guy. His job is more than trying to get laid - he's being paid to mix the set.

+1

and most of the time we dont get laid
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
We're a starting up covers band, so won't have the luxury of a sound guy who can actively monitor the mix. We've just a wee litte 8 channel mixer which will be with us on stage.
Got friends that do the roady thing? Enlist the smartest one and teach him how to do it. He'll probably do it for beer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Got friends that do the roady thing? Enlist the smartest one and teach him how to do it. He'll probably do it for beer.

We got a mate who's keen to come at the beginning of gigs to just check it all out make sure the mix is good to begin with. He's going to do that for beer. But nah we don't have someone to stay with us and monitor the sound all the time.