A Gibson Les Paul Standard?

you know, how many players view that as "the holy grail" of sorts? I hate it, and I'm just keen to go stare at the Strat equivalent.
Not quite sure what you mean by this question?
There are different types of American made Strats; Deluxe, Vintage, Standard etc and there are different types of American made Les Pauls; Custom, Studio, Special etc
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
They're all pretty much the same with just different electronics until you get to the custom shop in my opinion.
I really like the Eric Johnson strats...damn expensive though

pretty much any custom shop I suppose
Toasters
"Which road do I take"? she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" was his response.
"I don't know", Alice answered.
"Then", said the cat,
"it doesn't matter.”
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
I have an American Strat.

I prefer my friend's Indonesian EC-401VF.

That really doesn't mean anything. It's not apples and apples because those are two completely different instruments.

For instance If you love thin necks, you're going to prefer an Ibanez Gio over a Gibson Standard. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the Gibson.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
A Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Fender American Standard are the two companies' equivalents. Though many people would argue that the American Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG Standard and other such models also belong alongside them.

As far as 'holy grails' go, it's pretty much the same thing. LP lovers want a 1959 LP, Strat lovers typically want a 50s Strat, 1957 seeming to be the most popular year.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.