Page 1 of 2
evening pit,

i know i don't really post here at all but i have my final essay due tomorrow and then i'm done university for good but have absolutely no idea what i'm going to do. I don't know what i want to do with the rest of my life, but i'm talking about the next year, i have no idea what i'm going to do come September.

So i ask you pit monkeys who finished (or are finishing now) college/university/high school, what did you do right after you finished?
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Get a job as an automotive technician, and after 2 years of that go back to school for automotive engineering while still working
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I dunno. I'm getting a law degree, or a master's, or I'm joining the Peace Corps.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by metaldud536
Have you considered looking for a job that utilizes whatever degree you earned in college/university?

He was just asking a question, no need to be rude. And I've got accepted to a college today actually for a paramedic course, but I'm touring with my band this summer for the first time, and I know its dumb but I'm not sure if I want to go to college this year
just give me a fender and let me rip
I am graduating in May. I have an engineering job lined up (little out of my field as I was an IE and this is more of an Mechanical Engineering job). I start that in June. Before that I am going to Europe for 10 days with my family (I'd rather go with friends but my mom really wants to go to Europe and this is her excuse, I can't complain she is paying for it as my graduation gift). I will be living with my parents until around next January which is when I should have enough money saved up for my own house. Hopefully then I can meet a nice girl and settle down.

I would say I am pretty sure I know what I want to do. I have even budgeted myself to save up money for a house.
hey sk8board3r thanks for sticking up for me brah but it's cool

Quote by metaldud536
Have you considered looking for a job that utilizes whatever degree you earned in college/university?

well i'm graduating with a BA in psychology with a minor in philosophy, so it's pretty much useless unless i go to grad school. plus i'm not entirely interested in psychology, probably something i should have figured out 4 years ago
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Doing a teacher training course and becoming a music and music tech teacher... not a lot else you can do with my degree, but I'm not really doing it for the employment prospects.
Quote by blake1221

I'm going to Disney World.

(Invalid img)
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
TS, the obvious influence that Led Zeppelin has in your life guarantees that you will succeed in whatever you do.
Also you could probably become a high school counselor, I don't think you need an advanced degree for that, just a certification. Could be wrong though.
I myself am going to grad school and then finding a university-level teaching position.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Don't know how practical this is, if at all, but it is my dream.

I want to get a full-time, decent paying job, work off my loans and debt, then work an extra 5 years after that and then quit.

I'll just backpack across America at that point and go on a spiritual journey. If I truly can't survive on my own doing that, then at least I have 5 years (but more like 2 with expenses) worth of money saved and a Bachelors Degree in my back pocket.
Quote by aCloudConnected
This thread is exactly why I don't want to go to college.

You'll still be asking yourself the same question if you don't go to college. Your options will just be more limited because all you'll have to offer is a shitty high school degree.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by mesopatamius
TS, the obvious influence that Led Zeppelin has in your life guarantees that you will succeed in whatever you do.
Also you could probably become a high school counselor, I don't think you need an advanced degree for that, just a certification. Could be wrong though.
I myself am going to grad school and then finding a university-level teaching position.

This.
Find some High School near where you live and become a counselor, in my High School we have this Mexican dude as a counselor, he doesn't do absolutely nothing and I've heard he earns a lot.
Besides the job is very rewarding since it's full of experiences with all the teens.
"I wanted water but I'll walk through the fire"
Quote by ErikLensherr
You'll still be asking yourself the same question if you don't go to college. Your options will just be more limited because all you'll have to offer is a shitty high school degree.

You'll also have spent many thousands of dollars of your and your parents' money. You'd think people would actually think through what they want to study before they realize their degree is in something they don't even like
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by Talk Box
You'll also have spent many thousands of dollars of your and your parents' money. You'd think people would actually think through what they want to study before they realize their degree is in something they don't even like

That's why I went to a community college first. I didn't even apply to a four year school because I had no idea what I wanted to do. Why waste the money on classes I might not even need in a few years.

Plus I got really good grades so I got some scholarship offers and stuff from four year schools when I transferred.

I'm lucky that I live very very close to what is ranked in the top 5 two year schools in the country though. Some community colleges really suck from what I've heard.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Apr 11, 2012,
Quote by Talk Box

Unless you're like me and essentially get paid by the government to go to school.

woop woop
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Unless you're like me and essentially get paid by the government to go to school.

woop woop

That's how I'm going to school. I'm going to start at a local college this June to start working on an English degree.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by ErikLensherr
I dunno. I'm getting a law degree, or a master's, or I'm joining the Peace Corps.

See ya there, fucker
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Scholarships plus TAP refund.

^Well now I'll probably avoid it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Talk Box
Scholarship or what?

He probably means government grants.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by ErikLensherr
^Well now I'll probably avoid it.

I don't bite
Quote by bradulator
I don't bite

That's not what I heard.

Where are you thinking? I'm considering either Jordan or Morocco.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ZombieCran
FAFSA ftw!!

Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's not what I heard.

Where are you thinking? I'm considering either Jordan or Morocco.

I'm going to take some Spanish classes in a couple semesters, so I would think it'd be likely for me to be sent to some South American country. Which would be fine with me.

You usually don't get to choose where you go though, right?
Look for a job as a math teacher. If I can't find one, i'll go into a Master's program somewhere.

I have about a year more to go.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by bradulator
I'm going to take some Spanish classes in a couple semesters, so I would think it'd be likely for me to be sent to some South American country. Which would be fine with me.

You usually don't get to choose where you go though, right?

I think you get to submit your preference with your application, and they also take into account your skills/languages in deciding where to place you. So hopefully the fact that I've already spent time in Jordan and will have a grounding in Arabic by the time I apply will count for something.

But if not, I'm down with going wherever.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
I think you get to submit your preference with your application, and they also take into account your skills/languages in deciding where to place you. So hopefully the fact that I've already spent time in Jordan and will have a grounding in Arabic by the time I apply will count for something.

But if not, I'm down with going wherever.

Right on dude, that's cool. I'd be too scared in Jordan. But i'd be fine with anywhere really I suppose. Gonna be some tough shit, but i'm excited for the possible opportunity.
Idk yet, might join the military after uni to become a pilot. Might actually utilize my degree amd go into oil. Or I might start a bamd and try to really get somewhere with it
Page 1 of 2