Hey guys. So I've been wanting to try using Guitar Rig in a live setting since I recently got a new, more powerful laptop. Problem is, I don't have a foot controller type thing to control the different kinds of sounds and "modes" that's needed to play live. I know Native Instruments have their own guitar rig board thing, but that costs a lot. Is there an alternative to this?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Well I assume if your using guitar rig you already have an interface to go with your computer, so check if you can plug a midi cable into the interface, if you can then any midi controller you can find can be used to control your program. Its possible that even if the controller were to be connected by usb it would work, but i don't know any usb foot controllers. I would recommend for foot controllers a behringer FCB1010. I'm dead set against behringer normally, but these things are pretty sturdy. Quite a few touring bands use them actually
Quote by danresn
Well I assume if your using guitar rig you already have an interface to go with your computer, so check if you can plug a midi cable into the interface, if you can then any midi controller you can find can be used to control your program. Its possible that even if the controller were to be connected by usb it would work, but i don't know any usb foot controllers. I would recommend for foot controllers a behringer FCB1010. I'm dead set against behringer normally, but these things are pretty sturdy. Quite a few touring bands use them actually

+1 on the FCB1010 I am actually getting one of these in the near future to control the talkbox and wah effect in Guitar Rig. I will also use it live to select the synth I want to use on my midi keyboard.
Rig control is about twice as expensive, the only problem with a third party controller is you have to assign the controls yourself instead of rig control already having it done.
Quote by FireHawk
Rig control is about twice as expensive, the only problem with a third party controller is you have to assign the controls yourself instead of rig control already having it done.

not a big deal, takes 10 minutes.. if the rig control is twice as expensive for that, then pay me 20 bux and I'll do it for your controller myself and send you the file... still might get away cheaper
Quote by Vendetta V
not a big deal, takes 10 minutes.. if the rig control is twice as expensive for that, then pay me 20 bux and I'll do it for your controller myself and send you the file... still might get away cheaper

Dude anyone who pays 20 bucks to program a midi controller prob shouldn't try using them live lol