AXL ROSE will not attend Rock and Roll hall of fame induction ceremony..

Page 1 of 2
linky

No suprises here right?

Quote by Axl Rose
"I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of 'Guns N' Roses.'"

What a dumbass.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Rock n' roll is dead.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
didn't see that coming. he needs to grow up already....
Quote by tyler_j
This ought to shut you up

I now have a lolstack, therefore I shall stop my rampage!
Wow that's a shame.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Axl is still rock and roll.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Twist of fate
What do we expect? His stage name is an anagram for "Oral Sex".

**** that stupid fat ass mickey mouse sounding bitch. way to take a huge dump on all your fans asslhole rose. Chinsese Demoracy sucks and so does the rest of those talentless wanna bes. Hes nothing without the orignial lineup except a nostalgia act with his band of "hacks" as steven adler so uneloquently put it. All they do is tour under AFD and UYI songs while throwing in a few garbage CD songs as the bathroom breaks. What a joke.

Good.........that is all
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass

This man should take his place then. Much better singer.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
^^^ amen, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven(or matt), and Myles Kennedy should perform at the HOF. Hell, they should tour as the real guns n roses. 4/5 beats 1/5 any ****in day!
Quote by uziyourillusion
^^^ amen, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven(or matt), and Myles Kennedy should perform at the HOF. Hell, they should tour as the real guns n roses. 4/5 beats 1/5 any ****in day!

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Axl sings in circles around Myles Kennedy. Especially on GNR songs, Myles lacks the power and attack in his vocals, even though he hit the notes.

And maybe should've quoted the whole letter. It is actually well written and Axl especially thank the fans.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Axl sings in circles around Myles Kennedy. Especially on GNR songs, Myles lacks the power and attack in his vocals, even though he hit the notes.

And maybe should've quoted the whole letter. It is actually well written and Axl especially thank the fans.

This this this this and this

He has every right to not to attend that party. Plus this time he even declared his intentions beforehand.

It's funny people are getting upset about this.
Quote by Demon Wolf

You cant be serious...Axl hasnt sounded good since the early 90s..Hes out of shape, always out of breath on stage. He has no rasp left in his voice and struggles hitting high notes. Myles Kennedy has far more power projection that Axl has nowadays. If you said that back in 93 or something I would be right there with you, but Axl has lost it.

Here's Axl Rose of today....What the hell is he doing with GNR? This bumblefoot dude cant even play the WTTJ solo...Massive fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Np4GhmxlVQ&feature=related
Quote by Jyrgen
This this this this and this

He has every right to not to attend that party. Plus this time he even declared his intentions beforehand.

It's funny people are getting upset about this.

It just seems a little bit childish.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Demon Wolf

This.

However I still can't understand why he would not want to attend.

GN'R is what made Axl Rose a name.

Without GN'R would we have heard of Axl Rose?

Probably.

But still this is a massive part of his life and to carry on the name and as most people would say, make a disgrace of it (I don't mind them) and then not to attend an award ceremony for that band is a bit of a cuntish move.

I do await a statement later today or tomorrow saying this was not true though or it was all blown out of context.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by uziyourillusion
You cant be serious...Axl hasnt sounded good since the early 90s..Hes out of shape, always out of breath on stage. He has no rasp left in his voice and struggles hitting high notes. Myles Kennedy has far more power projection that Axl has nowadays. If you said that back in 93 or something I would be right there with you, but Axl has lost it.

Here's Axl Rose of today....What the hell is he doing with GNR? This bumblefoot dude cant even play the WTTJ solo...Massive fail

No, this is GN'R 2012 and it's awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYXcZBYEfog

You know your statement about Bumblefoot is false. That was the only time he failed the WTTJ solo because he was distracted by that Stormtrooper mask.
Quote by uziyourillusion

Axl has always been hit and miss live. On my phone now but I can link you fifty recent performances where he sounds amazing.

Youtube for you: Sailing 2006, Nightrain at Rock Am Ring 2006, Nice Boys with Duff at the O2 2010... The list goes on.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by slash_GNR666
This.

However I still can't understand why he would not want to attend.

GN'R is what made Axl Rose a name.

Without GN'R would we have heard of Axl Rose?

Probably.

But still this is a massive part of his life and to carry on the name and as most people would say, make a disgrace of it (I don't mind them) and then not to attend an award ceremony for that band is a bit of a cuntish move.

I do await a statement later today or tomorrow saying this was not true though or it was all blown out of context.

I want him to be there too but it is as he said... Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Jyrgen
No, this is GN'R 2012 and it's awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYXcZBYEfog

You know your statement about Bumblefoot is false. That was the only time he failed the WTTJ solo because he was distracted by that Stormtrooper mask.

Thanks for proving my point. That sounded even worse. My god what a sharp contrast from a real guns n roses performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EALvvHsTg
And his fans, the same fans he'd **** over without a second thought, will still eat him up because "He's a rockstar! **** yeah!"
The Rock and Roll HOF is a joke anyway.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Ghostmaker
And his fans, the same fans he'd **** over without a second thought, will still eat him up because "He's a rockstar! **** yeah!"

yep, i remember a bunch of axl rose fanboys were defending his actions at the reading festival a couple of years ago where GnR were the headliners and he showed up late, and then threw his toys out of the pram when the organisers had to cut the set short due to being under a strict curfew.

they have no good reason to defend his arrogant and unprofessional behaviour. he's a complete asshole whether you like his music or not.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Again what's wrong with not taking part in such a ceremony?
Last edited by Jyrgen at Apr 12, 2012,
Izzy Stradlin isn't going either, but then people were all "Yeah it's cool man, no need to"

Quote by Ichikurosaki
The only one that gives a toss is Adler, and that is only because he has no money and needs a G'n'R reunion to make any. The others are all doing other things and aren't interested in a reunion. I wish they would stop going on about it.
Quote by stealstrings

This man should take his place then. Much better singer.

I was at that gig, whey!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Such a shame. They could of all at least ended their legacy on one last good note by playing together, then putting it to rest and carrying on what they were doing. Axl just wants to move on with the current GnR and I admire his decision here. But I don't think it's the right thing to do.

EDIT: That was bigger than I expected...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
That "you would do this... you would do this... you would do this... the fact is that... the fact is that..." repetition is so cloying. Like someone giving a speech at the end of a movie.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Well I can definitely agree with him playing way too much old hits although he plays like 7 to 9 Chinese Democracy songs every gig. Once they played the whole album expect for one song t'was cool.
Page 1 of 2