I'm wondering if there is a program similar to iLife's garage band but for windows? As far as it's lessons on guitar go, and it's recording program that allows you to easily gauge how well you're doing and what not? Not that I don't have ears lol. Just wondering if there's anything like this program, but for the pc.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
I'm not sure if it is similar to Garage Band because I haven't used it, but for recording on a Windows machine, most people I know use either FL Studio, Reaper, or Studio One Pro.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'm not looking for a program to record per-say. More for the advanced ability of that program to help you learn songs and pieces via it's lessons and the mechanics behind that part of the program.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Have you tried TuxGuitar? It's a Guitar Pro reader, but it's free. Not really like Garage Band but the closest thing to what you're describing since you don't want recording.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"