Hey guys, I currently have a Peavey XXX combo, 40 watts, and its a pretty good little amp, I like the sound of it, however its given me problems in the past.

I'm about to start playing shows and going on tour in the summer, and needless to say I want something that I can rely on %100, and also maybe a bit more portable.

I'm looking into possibly picking up an Orange 1x12 cab if I can find one for a decent price, but I'm unsure about what to do for a head. I'd like it to be 40 - 50 watts, tube, although nothing with like 6 power tubes or something rediculous, too expensive to replace.

I play in a punk band, I like my high gain, but I'm also a big Chili peppers fan, sublime, illscarlett, all that kind of shit too.

Any suggestions for me?

Head to compliment a 1x 12 orange cab, 40 watts give or take, influences range from Lamb of God to Tool, to the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Sublime to Propagandhi

Also I'm playing a 25th anni PRS SE 24 if that matters. And I'd like to keep the price down as much as possible
just give me a fender and let me rip
Last edited by sk8board3r at Apr 12, 2012,
Get a bigger cab. I don't think you will ever be satisfied with the lack of bass or presence from anything less than a 4x12, especially if you cite your influences as Lamb of God. Even punk bands need volume and walls of sound.

A good mesa or orange will go on craigslist for $500. get that first. Any head will sound better through it.
if you're playing legit venues you'll be miced anyway, so portable is good. I think you'd like an Orange, but I wouldn't try to find a compromise between punk and sublime. Choose one or the other or go with a Marshall
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com