Feedback... play loud as shit
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Yup, it's the sound of the note feeding back. You'll need to play pretty loud to achieve this.
Usually it helps standing close to the speakers; works better with some amps than other, though.

I does sound like he's helping it feedback by doing a pinch harmonic too.
Active pickups, play loud or play near speaker. I have achieved this with my Marshall DSL combo. However, making the note into a pinch harmonic, as stated above, helps.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Apr 12, 2012,
I think you really need a tube amp to get some musical feedback happening. Just crank it up, boost the mids a bit. You don't really need shit-loads of distortion cause too much distortion=your pickups are gonna squeal and it's not gonna sound like that at all. There's also a Boss pedal that mimics that(forget what it's called). I think it's called a Booster/Feedbacker or something like that...
You don't need any tube amp, just any basic amp will feedback...Let it ring it should feedback.

If you have a Noise gate or the likes, disable it.
Ok, I know I had a post in this earlier. Looks like some mods are getting over-zealous again!

Basicly:

You don't need a tube amp or the best stuff to create a feed-back loop, even the worst amps and guitars will do. You do, however, need good technique to "control" the feed back. Feed-back is a beast at the best of times, and most would say uncontrollable.

WRONG!

Wrong, in the sense that you can create it and utilize it within a given frame of time if you know how to start it, end it, and "control" it. A good vibrato is the starting point for knowing how to draw out the origin note that is used to start and maintain the feed-back. Then you want to make sure it doesn't squeal like a piggy! To do this, takes time and knowing your entire rig and setup. The shape of the feed-back and ultimate sound it makes is dependent on the entire rig and origin note (to a degree for the note).

To start the feedback, one must know where in relation your guitar must be to the speakers to start the loop. From there you must know how far away you can get before it fades.

There are effects out there that can aid you in making and shaping your feedback, but it's best to start out with the basics first! Amp, Guitar, You. That's all you need. Hell you can leave You out of the equation in a way lol... Funny story. Accidentally left the amp on when I left the house once, came back to feed-back at a LOUD volume. I'm surprised I didn't blow something! Ever since I've made sure to double and triple check that it's off before I leave the room LOL.

Controlling feedback doesn't mean you can go wild like you can with a plucked string's results , just means you know how to start it, how to end it, and what little you can do with it while it exists, so remember that.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Apr 13, 2012,