What are they like? I play punk and hard-rock stuff mostly and I've heard the Squire basses are actually pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them? Cheers
I have the Squier classic vibe jazz bass, and it's pretty good.

It needs a few adjustments, but those can easily be fixed by someone at a shop, or by myself if I only dared to do it. Otherwise it's great to play.
For the price, it's actually very good.
Yeah the price is great. I'm thinking about getting a Matt Freeman signature P bass, they look awesome.
Depends on the model, I have a Vintage Modified J bass and it is amazing, one of my favorite basses I have ever laid hands on.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series are very good bang for buck. From what I understand the Affinity series aren't quite so good, but still they aren't bad basses either.
I have a Squier Affinity Jazz Bass and after a few years of use, it is awful! Affinity Squiers are definitely not meant for gigs or live performances as they are not the most durable basses i've used, the action is also a lot higher than you'd expect. I'm planning to upgrade to a Vintage Modified P bass very soon
Avoid Affinity but most Squiers are GREAT value and they are fun to mod if you have the time and know-how.
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Vintage Modified, pickups are Seymour "designed" though so replace those. I've heard clips of that bass, and they clank hard. Definitely try it out.
I've just bought a Squier Affinty Jazz Bass V, I've already used it on several gigs, the neck is fine, the action was a tad high but I soon sorted that out.
Played through my Ashdown RPM1 preamp into an Ashdown Little Giant and finaly into a 1x15 cab it sounds brilliant.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by chatterbox272
The Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series are very good bang for buck. From what I understand the Affinity series aren't quite so good, but still they aren't bad basses either.

True, excellent value for money £210
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
I've just bought a Squier Affinty Jazz Bass V, I've already used it on several gigs, the neck is fine, the action was a tad high but I soon sorted that out.
Played through my Ashdown RPM1 preamp into an Ashdown Little Giant and finaly into a 1x15 cab it sounds brilliant.

Agreed just got my third affinity P bass, this ones candy apple red and has a great finish, the necks are similar to MIM in finish and fit.

Those Jazz bass fivers are supposed to be great.