Hello... 1st post and all those good things.

I have taken it upon myself to change the pickups and indirectly everything else on an Ibanez RGA32 (going from active to passive pups... don't ask why but basically a bad suggestion from my guitar teacher !!)

Me: I bought the pickups you suggested, here they are.
Teach: Oh, you'll need to change the pots as well...

Basically it was the start of a downward spiral and I have decide to play "tech dude" for the fun of it... don't have a clue but that hasn't stopped me in the past.

Soooooo... this is the diagram off the SD site... (I have bought an All Parts 5-way which I think is correct, got the 500K pots... oh lord, the log vs linear debate... who would of ever thunk ?!!!... new cap and I am actually not sure if my current output is stereo or mono... think it is mono... I hope! )

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2hb_1vol_1tone_5way

My questions are pretty straightforward and I have tried to read the mega threads on here but never came up with a "do this" so someone please tell me what to do !!

1. Do I ground everything with the liney upside down pyramid thing to the back of the volume pot ? Most of them I am 99% certain but just want to confirm the grounding of the tone pot and the bridge ground central wire thing.

2. The cap running from the tone to vol pot looks a lil strange to me as most caps always seem to be grounded to the tone pot but I imagine this is correct as SD has done it like that ? (When I say doesn't look "correct" I am basing this on the current wiring in my RGA and the 2-3 YouTube clips I have watched... "Ich bein iene expert!: )

Hopefully not too many RTFMs and "Use search, biatch!"... any help mucho appreciado.
you ground everything with the liney pyramid and upside down triangle things :p

the tone control is just the opposite way round to "normal" you normally have resistor-capacitor-ground whereas the SD diagram is capacitor-resistor-ground it has exactly the same effect
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
you ground everything with the liney pyramid and upside down triangle things :p

the tone control is just the opposite way round to "normal" you normally have resistor-capacitor-ground whereas the SD diagram is capacitor-resistor-ground it has exactly the same effect

Thanks a lot dude !... Now I have someone else to blame when the RGA buzzes like a chainsaw.

I should really blog this bodge but that does seem like a lot of effort... I'll see.

In the interim I built one of those Maplin micro-bug kits to improve my soldering... all went well although it does seem to move in the wrong direction i.e. away from light instead of towards it ! The future of the RGA is not looking good.