the c scale is C D E F G A B C nd its relative minor scale would be A B C D E F G so if theyre the same notes how are they different both pitchwise and position wise nd in their usage overall?
In C Major the steps are 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 (8 is really the octave note therefore doesn't count)
In A Minor the steps are 1 2 3b 4 5 6 7b 8

the flat alternates to the A Major key with an A bass note as example makes the scale sound a bit sad and emotional.

And honestly they're the same position on the neck...just depends how you play the scale.
Quote by rip3149
In A Minor the steps are 1 2 3b 4 5 6b 7b 8

Fixed.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Pitchwise no difference. C major resolves to C. A minor resolves to A.

Play with some youtube backing tracks in those keys to hear the difference.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by danyal92
the c scale is C D E F G A B C nd its relative minor scale would be A B C D E F G so if theyre the same notes how are they different both pitchwise and position wise nd in their usage overall?

It's about where the music resolves.

This is one of the first things you need to hear to start to really create music. What is "home?"

Let me put it like this. Compare the following two sentences:

"Was that fun?" and "That was fun."

Same words. Why is one a statement, and one a question, even absent intonation differences or punctuation?

By re-ordering the words we change their relationships to each other, and thus the effect hey have. Similarly, by changing the resolution, you're changing the relationship of the notes to each other, and thus the effect they have on the listener.

What a beginner does is play notes basically at random - there is no difference because they are not playing to a resolution. They're saying "Fun was that" or, heck, maybe even something like "Fatwa Hunts" - all the same letters, but rearranged in a way that doesn't actually say or mean anything.
Quote by HotspurJr
It's about where the music resolves.

This is one of the first things you need to hear to start to really create music. What is "home?"

Let me put it like this. Compare the following two sentences:

"Was that fun?" and "That was fun."

Same words. Why is one a statement, and one a question, even absent intonation differences or punctuation?

By re-ordering the words we change their relationships to each other, and thus the effect hey have. Similarly, by changing the resolution, you're changing the relationship of the notes to each other, and thus the effect they have on the listener.

What a beginner does is play notes basically at random - there is no difference because they are not playing to a resolution. They're saying "Fun was that" or, heck, maybe even something like "Fatwa Hunts" - all the same letters, but rearranged in a way that doesn't actually say or mean anything.

I concur. To sum it up, it's about where the progression wants to resolve.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!