Here is a pic of my Ibanez sanded down, i'm thinking of just doing a natural finish, what do you think?
Should i stain the wood first to give it a darker colour before i oil it?
I am also in the process of sanding the headstock
I have taken all the paint off but i think the clear primer is still on, note the gloss type finish still on there and at the bottom edges I have gone right through to the wood
Attachments:
IMG_5284111111111111111.jpg
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
In my humble opinion, you should stain it a few shades darker and then oil it.
Also, can you do a sunburst?

Then again, it is your guitar. You don't have to stain it if you already think it looks good.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I think that wood looks too bland to do a natural finish. And to do a sunburst finish, too.
I'd cover the wood completely.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
That natural finish isn't beautiful enough that I'd leave it just there, so I agree with the others.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Basswood doesn't look good stained really. It's too plain and does take stain evenly. You'd have to strip the sealer off as well and you'll find there there is a lot of grain filler in the surface as well. I'm surprised there isn't a bunch of wood filler in it. You are lucky there.
Quote by Linkerman
I think that wood looks too bland to do a natural finish. And to do a sunburst finish, too.
I'd cover the wood completely.

How does one go about doing a sunburst finish?
LOOK ANOTHER GENERIC SIGNATURE ABOUT MY GEAR AND STUFF
Ibanez P.O.S (modded RG)
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
Yeah, you'd want to do a darker finish I'd say. I mean, if nothing else, staining it will protect the wood over the long term. Then, go ahead & oil it to further protect it. It's just...wood like that was meant to be painted, so either you have to paint it or stain it dark.
Quote by JustRooster
I'm with Linkerman.

me too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?