Musican's friend is a site that's always intrigued me especially living in australia. My question to you is do you have any experieces with the company. good or bad. I'm particularly interested in there free shipping to australia. it's so tempting but it seems dangerous given the fact that my instrument could get lost or damaged. So any internatonal customers do tell.
i want to know
shipping time?
Was the item safe n' sound?
recommended?
I've only ordered in the US, but my experiences have been good. My items have always came in good shape. But, the shipping time seems to depend on the manufacturer. I say this because most of my items have come in a few days, but between me and a couple friends I've seen three different instruments from ESP take a month or two.
Internationally, if you're not getting raped on shipping, you're definetely gonna get raped on customs.... but judging from the prices for stuff in australia, it probably doesn't make any difference
I've had nothing but good experiences with Musician's Friend. Shipping time is usually pretty fast and my guitars always arrived in good shape.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
It's the biggest music gear retailer in the world--they do a good job and have an army of customer support people and one of the most liberal return policies around.

The case might be different with international shipping, but all returns for any reason stateside are on them--if something goes wrong with the delivery it's all on them and they'll take care of any added costs, hell if you just don't like an item, they'll pay for the return postage.

I've returned a handful of things to them over the years (one was an upright bass I had to return twice because both sucked) and they payed for all the return shipping and made the return easy. I also had a PA speaker go missing in transit and never show up; they shipped another one to me before UPS even went through the claim process.

I like them quite a bit, also, because I happen to live 300 miles from their main warehouse. If I order something one morning with the free shipping, I usually get it in two days. Occasionally I even get it the next afternoon.
I just ordered from them - internationally somewhat - just Canada, but everything came quickly, and was in pristine condition when it got here!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Good experiences. I ordered my guitar from them. Only bad part was, no one was home so the delivery guy left it on the front porch. It was there for 4 hours until I got home from school >.>, but I guess that's on the UPS.

Anyway, I've always had timely deliveries and never had any issues with billing, shipping, etc. It's one of the first places I check when looking at new gear.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Domestic? Musician's friend beat my wife.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Domestic? Musician's friend beat my wife.

And then, collectively, raped your mother.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by fretshredda
Musican's friend is a site that's always intrigued me especially living in australia. My question to you is do you have any experieces with the company. good or bad. I'm particularly interested in there free shipping to australia. it's so tempting but it seems dangerous given the fact that my instrument could get lost or damaged. So any internatonal customers do tell.
i want to know
shipping time?
Was the item safe n' sound?
recommended?

Hey fretshredda,
I work for Musician's Friend and would love to help out. We don't want you to buy any instrument you aren't completely satisfied with. If by some chance the item arrived in less than advertised condition, I'll personally make sure you are taken care of. Please email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com if you would like my assistance.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

Skaught