Hi,

I have used jazz iii's for quite some time. But I have been modifying them by taping old trimmings of string on to the pick because other wise the grip isnt good enough.

But jazz iii's are available with max grip.

So how do they compare to the original?

How strong or subtle is the grip?

Dont say buy some and test it because they cost £1 for one pick around here, so I'll order off the net.
Max Grips have a diamond-plate like texture on them. Very grippy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Max Grips are a godsend when you're sweaty on stage!

Jazz III Max Grip Carbon is the only pick I ever use for electric guitar
Last edited by xFilth at Apr 12, 2012,
I just bought me a pack of max grips after playing with the originals for over a year....my god...why didn't I just buy them before?! For the first 2 months with the originals I kept dropping them because my hands and fingers were getting too sweaty during long sessions and so I started taking a file to them to get a decent grip. Max Grips > the rest of the jazz iii's.
Buy THESE
Quit worrying.

(Invalid img)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 12, 2012,
I use the tortex jazz 3's, no slipping for me. You can also take a razor blade and score the grip area in a cross check pattern to improve grip. It's free, and it takes like 30 seconds.

I haven't tried the max grip kind.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I switched from jazz III's to Jazz III max (the bigger size ones) to Jazz III Ultex to Jazz III max grip carbon. I kind of like the latter. If only they did a combination of Jazz III, max size but with the small point of the original Jazz III, with max grip and in ultex or carbon...
I see they have different kinds, they look interesting.
Any pointers on which ones to try (order)?
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
I see they have different kinds, they look interesting.
Any pointers on which ones to try (order)?

You should order a gross of each, and then try them until you settle on one and report back.

(Note to Dave Storey: If this guy actually does this, I'll be expecting my check in the mail!!)

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin