EDIT: Bumping this so more people can see it. 3-5 UG'ers donated so far, and they were very helpful. The goal is $500, and I've raised $240 so far, plus set up a fundraiser in my hometown to further the project. If anyone is willing to donate, that would be fantastic.

After spending over 200 dollars the past few weeks on clothes, spotted cow, and various albums, I've decided I need to stop being such a prick since I really don't need any of thoe things.

With that, I started a fundraiser that brings clean water to poor countries in Africa by building wells in various communities.

6,000 children die from drinking contaminated water every day, and 27,000 die daily from other causes.

I'm in no way doing this to "justify" my recent consumerism, rather, I'm doing it because people need it more than I need all the bullsh.it luxuries that I enjoy daily.

Donate here...

Donate a dollar or donate nothing, it's all okay. Thanks, and thanks to those who have been kind enough to donate so far. They also send you a link that lets you track your donation...They update you one the well your money is being put towards and etc.
Last edited by rushmore at Apr 15, 2012,
1) Broken link
2) lol'd at "haven't posted since 2005" when you joined in 2007
3) Fix it and I'll donate
4) you're not above anyone else, so you could have done without the pretentious flame shield ending
5) that's pretty awesome that you started a fundraiser, so props
Quote by blake1221
1) Broken link
2) lol'd at "haven't posted since 2005" when you joined in 2007
3) Fix it and I'll donate
4) you're not above anyone else, so you could have done without the pretentious flame shield ending
5) that's pretty awesome that you started a fundraiser, so props

1) I've been here since 2003, just a different username....
4) I'm not above anyone else, if anything, far below anyone else. That was simply to keep people from making douche baggy comments like, **** Africa, and etc.

Also, hopefully the link works now...And thanks in advance.
They should just drink beer instead. It worked for every European country when the water was filthy in the Court of King Cholera.

Quote by rushmore
1) I've been here since 2003, just a different username....
4) I'm not above anyone else, if anything, far below anyone else. That was simply to keep people from making douche baggy comments like, **** Africa, and etc.

Also, hopefully the link works now...And thanks in advance.

OMG B&
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
They should just drink beer instead. It worked for every European country when the water was filthy in the Court of King Cholera.

OMG B&

Ban me? Is that what you're saying? The username was switched through contact with various moderators because I wanted a new one...
Quote by rushmore
Ban me? Is that what you're saying? The username was switched through contact with various moderators because I wanted a new one...

A'ight bruv, calm thissen down.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by rushmore

chilllll bro. If you did it through legit means you've got nothing to worry about. He's just joking.

I love that you get to add a personal message to your donation.
Last edited by blake1221 at Apr 12, 2012,
This thread could've been good. Delete is an repost it. It'll probably work out better.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
This thread could've been good. Delete is an repost it. It'll probably work out better.

Oh, relax. No one's flaming him, and he's already received a donation. That's a success if I've ever seen one.
Hah. I wasn't getting super worked up about it, sorry. It's just that I almost got banned after switching because certain moderators didn't know about it and found out it was me under a new name and it became a big thing. In order to avoid anything like that, I figured I'd clarify.
Quote by whoomit
We'll you've got at least 3 donations so far

What was your added message?
Quote by blake1221
Oh, relax. No one's flaming him, and he's already received a donation. That's a success if I've ever seen one.
I guess.

I'll give a bob or two, anyhow.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by rushmore
"Hollllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Africans get they drank on!"

Haha. And I really appreciated that.

>_>
Quote by blake1221
>_>

Ah it says on the page

I didn't leave one, although I wish I had now
I already donate £8 a month to the Red Cross. I get paid £600 odd a month, so what's £8? I don't like making people feel bad for them not doing it, but if you got a decent wage coming in each month and you can afford it, there's no reason not to really. But, you've earned you money, what you do with it is your choice

And before I signed the forms for all of this, I made sure my money would be helping the cause and not paying for someone's lunch break.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Yeah, like I'd trust someone from the pit

In fairness, people on 4chan of all places buy people stuff on amazon, and sometimes donate in charity threads.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I already donate £8 a month to the Red Cross. I get paid £600 odd a month, so what's £8? I don't like making people feel bad for them not doing it, but if you got a decent wage coming in each month and you can afford it, there's no reason not to really. But, you've earned you money, what you do with it is your choice
That's pretty much my feelings on it. I have more than I deserve. May as well help others.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Yeah, I agree. I hope this isn't interpreted as me trying to make people feel bad, if anything I was very self-deprecating. This figure just got brought to my attention today and decided I'd like to do something instead of believing that just being "aware" of these problems was doing something, so I donated and figured I'd then give other people a platform in case they wanted to as well.
I'm going to bump this before I leave for class, hopefully no one minds.

Thanks for the donations. I think 3 of the 4 I've gotten so far have come from here, so thanks guys/girls. Also, thanks for the humorous notes.
Dude Africa is not a country.
If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page, the girlies I like are underage.
i already sponsor a kid in africa and donate monthly to Doctors Without Borders. I should be exempt from hearing anything about Africa ever again.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
i already sponsor a kid in africa and donate monthly to Doctors Without Borders. I should be exempt from hearing anything about Africa ever again.

Exactly. When you sign up for a donation thing, they usually take your address. So if they could link that to your TV so I don't get those fucking starving kid adverts while I'm eating my tea, that'd be fantastic.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Exactly. When you sign up for a donation thing, they usually take your address. So if they could link that to your TV so I don't get those fucking starving kid adverts while I'm eating my tea, that'd be fantastic.

so true
Which of the options from the drop down menu should I choose?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Which of the options from the drop down menu should I choose?

Brad, if it was you that donated 100.00 dollars, that was very, very kind of you.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Quote by rushmore
Brad, if it was you that donated 100.00 dollars, that was very, very kind of you.

Thanks for the support everyone.

My pleasure
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Bumping so more individuals can see this than those who were on the one day that this was one the front page. Thanks to everyone from UG who has donated so far.
Nah.

Sorry, already paypal donated George Zimmerman 1 cent so he can get some lube for prison.

true story, check that thread about tray- i mean trévohhn