Allo

I bought a AXL guitar amp and its fitted with a Alpha Tone speaker and says on it 'Factory Equipped for PA System', Does this mean I can link it with a PA system, if so how?

Cheers
Tom Hughes
Well, I wouldn't think that would be a great idea? Unless there is some port on the back you could just run a cable from the output of your PA system to the input on this amp but that sized speaker isn't very great for a PA.
there's no point but if it has a DI out or preamp out you can
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Not much point in connecting that to a PA. It's going to sound awful no matter what you do to it. If you want to connect them, you'd plug the headphone out into the PA.

Don't plug a PA output into the amp's input. That's pointless and will either achieve nothing or blow up the amp.
Not even sure I'd do that, Roc. The output from that headphone jack is the wrong impedance and the level is too high. It'll still sound awful.

I was thinking it meant that you could use it as a PA. Plug a mic into it, along with your MP3 player and have fun. Yep. It's still gonna sound awful.
Oh right then, would you all suggest a distortion pedal for PA system then?
Not really. A POD or something similar would really be the best option besides micing a proper amp. You really need some cab emulation somewhere along the line.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Not even sure I'd do that, Roc. The output from that headphone jack is the wrong impedance and the level is too high. It'll still sound awful.

He asked how to plug it into a PA. Of course it's going to sound terrible, but that's the way you would do it.
Which AXL amp, specifically, do you have?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
"Power 10"
I assume you're on a phone or something and can't see the picture in the first post. It's the standard beginner SS with Vol/Treble/Bass, headphone in, RCA in, and the dreaded "Distortion Button."
Even so with distortion pedals, why doesn't it work properly through a PA mixer?
Last edited by TomHughes at Apr 12, 2012,
Not sure I understand that question.

It will work through a PA, as in, you could plug it in and make noises. We're saying that it's going to sound terrible, because a PA is a flat range system, so you need something in between the guitar and PA that sounds like an amp and a speaker interacting. Plugging into the headphone output, or a distortion pedal, or will not do that. That's why I suggested a POD or some other emulation device. Otherwise it's going to sound like you're playing through a tin can.
Quote by Roc8995
Not sure I understand that question.

It will work through a PA, as in, you could plug it in and make noises. We're saying that it's going to sound terrible, because a PA is a flat range system, so you need something in between the guitar and PA that sounds like an amp and a speaker interacting. Plugging into the headphone output, or a distortion pedal, or will not do that. That's why I suggested a POD or some other emulation device. Otherwise it's going to sound like you're playing through a tin can.

Oh right that makes alot of sence, cheers.