Hey all! Was curious to see who's planning on attending some music festivals this summer? The lineup for Lollapalooza in Chicago has been announced, and tickets have already gone on sale. One of my favorite bands is playing, but tickets are $230...not sure if I want to shell that out. If so, I'd have to make it an all weekend event as you can't just purchase tickets to see one band.

I will however definitely be attending Summerfest in Milwaukee. Has anyone ever been? It's pretty spectacular...the worlds largest music festival afterall. And tickets aren't very expensive, just the beer is! Not sure what day I'll be attending Summerfest yet as the full schedule hasn't been released.

Who else is making it to festivals this summer??
LEEDS 2011 BITCHES.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Summerfest is super legit, i went last year and my band is playing this year... i dont know what day / stage yet, but it will be in my sig when thats announced. I love summerfest though, super cheap and such a great lineup, im pumped to see Motion City Soundtrack there.
I'll probably go to Forecastle (pretty small music festival in Kentucky in July) if only to see Wilco.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Might go to Outside Lands in SF; I'm just waiting on the lineup. Its always great, though.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
sasquatch 2012!
the ticket was 315 dollars.... but SO worth it for 4 days of camping with your best bro and 3 lovely ladies
Download!!
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
reading!!! awesome line up - foo fighters, kasabian, black keys, the cure, kaiser chiefs, bombay bicycle club, vaccines, maccabees
One more payment and I'm going to have a Bloodstock Open Air ticket in my hands, shame the line-up isn't as strong as the past two years. But I'll enjoy it anyway.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Hope to get some tickets to Heavy Toronto
If I could go to the UK I'd go to Download and Bloodstock... such great lineups.

EDIT: ^ jelly am I, sir.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Last edited by Dash49 at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by Dash49
Hope to get some tickets to Heavy Toronto
If I could go to the UK I'd go to Download and Bloodstock... such great lineups.

EDIT: ^ jelly am I, sir.

Bloodstock line up is strong so far, needs more stuff that doesn't feel like having something banging on a tin bucket whilst your wearing it though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by The Pavelows
sasquatch 2012!
the ticket was 315 dollars.... but SO worth it for 4 days of camping with your best bro and 3 lovely ladies

Ahh I'm jealous! I've had a friend go to Sasquatch and I've always wanted to. maybe one day...
Download Festival and V Festival!!

Yes they are two pretty different festivals but ah well nothing wrong with variety.

And I'd love to go to Global Gathering this year the line up looks ****ing awesome!
Quote by Fisheth24
Bloodstock line up is strong so far, needs more stuff that doesn't feel like having something banging on a tin bucket whilst your wearing it though.

Well I haven't been to many metal shows so I'm happy with anything that's thrown at me. But there are so many bands I haven't yet seen in that list that I really would love to see. Why must I live in Canada =_=
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
There are a few local blues festivals around here that I go to annually.

The W.C. Handy Fest in Henderson, KY, is a always good. So is 'Ribberfest' in Madison, IN. I saw Johnny Winter live there a few years ago, pretty cool.

Edit: To the Ribberfest, last year they had Buddy Guy. The one year I don't go
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
There's a small chance I might end up going for the Melt!Festival this year. Bloc Party reunion, Modeselektor, John Talabot, M83 and a quite a few more...
Will probably go to Rebellion like every year.

Might try and get a day ticket for Leeds to see the Cure aswell.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Bestival and Reeading. GOT MAH TICKETS.

I didnt pick them, there the ones Im working at!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I was pretty impressed with the Lolla lineup, there are bands ranging from super big names to indie unknown bands that I love that I'd kill to see, but I still don't think I can drop the ticket price and then get to Chi-town...

I might go to one of the more local festivals, though none have been announced yet...
All Points West if that happens this year
or Four Knots if the lineup is actually good.
So pissed that Siren Fest is no more...Four Knots "replaced" it, but where as Siren always had a few great artists, FK last year was pretty crappy.
Then again, really can't complain at a free festival. Less so when it was on Coney Island, but that is no more.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
This is not really a summer festival but I got a 3 day pass to the New England Metal Festival. It's next week and this will be my first time traveling by myself. I couldn't be any more stoked for this than I already am.