So I'm looking for hendrix/trower vibe sounds on a budget. I know there are a ton of great univibe pedals out there, but I just can't justify dropping over $200 for something I just want to mess around with. I'd like to keep the price under $150, but can stretch a bit. Any suggestions?

So far, i've been looking at the BBE Soulvibe and the Voodoo Labs Microvibe. Anybody have any experience with these pedals?

I have also considered just grabbing one of the cheapo danelectro vibe pedals and calling it a day. I've heard that they are pretty decent, but would love to hear from anybody who has some hands on experience!
I've played the BBE before last time I was looking at stuff. I play a really heavy distorted sound and it got a bit masked up front. I'd imagine it would sound great in an FX loop though.

The only other thing I noticed was that the rate maxed out at a slower speed than I wanted, but then again, I usually prefer the max speed to be fairly extreme (low frequency LFO sounds ala ring mod).

For any "standard" use, I can definitely suggest the BBE.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by ibanart300
Nice to see another Trower fan! I've heard good things from the Lovepedal Pickle Vibe and also the Wilson Effects Haze Vibe. I would go with the W.E. Haze Vibe though as it's more versatile for a little extra. You can find them here:

http://www.wilsoneffects.com/HazeVibe.html

Hadn't heard of the Wilson effects vibe before, but the clips sound great! I'll definitely have to look into that one a bit more. Probably gonna stay away from the lovepedal though, I think I would want to have a bit more control over the rate/depth.

@quinlan: thanks for the info. I had heard some complaints about the rate regarding the BBE, but it seemed like it would be enough for me based on the clips I heard.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! I would normally just run to a shop and try a few out, but can't find one at any of my local stores. Looks like I'm going to be buying blind on this one.
I have two Wilson Effects pedals (his overdrive as well as a Funk Factory wah) and I can attest that Kevin builds amazing pedals. I haven't tried the Haze Vibe, but I would definitely suggest you look into it!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by zl1288
Hadn't heard of the Wilson effects vibe before, but the clips sound great! I'll definitely have to look into that one a bit more. Probably gonna stay away from the lovepedal though, I think I would want to have a bit more control over the rate/depth.

@quinlan: thanks for the info. I had heard some complaints about the rate regarding the BBE, but it seemed like it would be enough for me based on the clips I heard.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far! I would normally just run to a shop and try a few out, but can't find one at any of my local stores. Looks like I'm going to be buying blind on this one.

Yeah it isn't always possible to try before you buy, especially for me being in Australia most shops don't stock anything other then Boss or Ibanez So yeah a lot of what I buy is based on reviews, youtube video's/audio clips, trying at friends that already own them and forums.