Greetings,

So I want to get some insight about what everyone thinks about stereotypical metalcore stage presence. I am starting to hate metalcore more and more due to its generic cookie cutter song structure and planned out stage choreography. For the sake of this post I will mainly focus on stage presence.

I am in a progressive metal band, and we try to go hard every show. Personally I go nuts and try to jump off stuff, flip my guitar, and have high energy. However, most of *the bands that are at the shows I play do the same exact thing the entire set, which is synchronized hopping, crouching on the measure of every breakdown that is double half time, and running in place.

C'mon, does anyone honestly think that if they hop the most in unison, their band will stand out that much more. Personally, I think that this is just making metalcore that much more generic. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, check out my band: soundcloud.com/welovepie

u mirin?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
TLDR: Someone's butthurt that people are going to metalcore shows instead of their own band's crappy shows.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by Kurt.hessian
Personally I go nuts and try to jump off stuff, flip my guitar, and have high energy.
You are so unique.
ggg1 ggg3

You flushed yourself down the shitter the moment you added the core to metal.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie