Hey dudes,

Just finished up my first ever recording project. Me and the singer of my band decided to try Parkway Drives Idols and Anchors to practice my recording/mixing for our upcoming self produced demo for our band. This is a pretty kickass song! Check it out

http://soundcloud.com/neoclassical85/parkway-drive-idols-and

Gear used:
Jackson DK2M Pro
Line 6 UX2 with Pod Farm
EZ Drummer - Drumkit From Hell
Acid Pro 7 with various VSTs
Apex condenser Mic

Also, I played it in drop C tuning (the origional is in B)
I did this because I didnt want to reset my bridge and change string gauge for the sake of recording one song. Plus I use this guitar with my band all the time in C tuning. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Neoclassical85
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Roadster
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0
Good playing, and good cover overall. I would say that the guitar tones might have been a bit too bass-y, so maybe lower the lows, but that's sort of my opinion I suppose. Also, some of the drum mixing isn't the best. The snare wasn't very prominent, and during some parts I could barely hear it at all. The snare itself isn't the best sounding anyway, but yeah, try and beef the snare up and add a little reverb. Pretty good job overall
Thanks man. I agree the snare sounds like shit, I was really disappointed how the snares sound on EZ Drummers Drumkit From Hell after what I spent to buy it and all the awesome reviews its gotten. I tryed EQing it and I did add a bit of reverb, but it didnt help too much.

Thanks for listening man.
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0
I can tell almost instantly that you alternate picked it all. Whilst you played it fine, it really takes away from a shitload of the aggression that the song so desperately needs.
Quote by Niko92
Very nice I also liked your distortion tone! Great performance too!! you're band has got some myspace or fb?

If you like take a look to the cover made by me and the guitar player of my band!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1527174&highlight=mozart%27s+infernal+nightmare

Hey man thanks for taking the time to listen, I'm glad you liked it!
I'm looking forward to checking out your cover but I'm on my phone at work right now, definitely will check it out tonight.
You can find us on facebook "Shoot the Messenger" and plz take the time to like it if you visit! I just put the page up so noones really seen it yet, and I wanted to get some music up before I start sending out those annoying mass invites to join lol.
Our drummer is in the studio next week and I'm self producing the rest of our demo so we should have some songs up within the month!
Thanks again man

Neoclassical85
Marshall 1960 4x12
Jackson DK2M Pro
Yamaha RGX121D
ESP LTD 5 String Bass

Recording Software:
Pod Farm
Reaper
Superior Drummer 2.0