Okay, I'm thinking about buying a guitar for some cool tunings: D standard, but with the lowest string dropped to an A (mostly for playing some Mastodon tunes ). So I was wondering, if I install an EVH D-Tuna on it, could I make it drop from an A to a G? Because if so, I could play some Black Label Society and Pantera tunes too (Sandblasted Skin!). Is the D-Tuna only used for drop tuning? Or doesn't it matter when the bridge is blocked?
It's only used for dropped tunings that are a step lower than standard.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
It only drops the low E string down two steps so the overall tuning becomes drop D

If you had the guitar tuned in D standard it would enable you to quickly switch to drop C and so on
Yeah that would work, if what you mean is the top 5 strings stay the same and the A goes to G. You'd still need to block the bridge for the tuning to stay perfect though.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by kiwiug
Okay, I'm thinking about buying a guitar for some cool tunings: D standard, but with the lowest string dropped to an A (mostly for playing some Mastodon tunes ). So I was wondering, if I install an EVH D-Tuna on it, could I make it drop from an A to a G? Because if so, I could play some Black Label Society and Pantera tunes too (Sandblasted Skin!). Is the D-Tuna only used for drop tuning? Or doesn't it matter when the bridge is blocked?

Since when did they use drop G? The last time I heard them, the lowest they went was C?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Since when did they use drop G? The last time I heard them, the lowest they went was C?

Since when is drop G even a thing?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Not what the OP said...

Quote by kiwiug
D standard, but with the lowest string dropped to an A
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Apr 12, 2012,