Poll: Was Jesus a real person?
Poll Options
View poll results: Was Jesus a real person?
Yeah, Jesus walked among us like an OG
110 50%
Not sure/He is someone based on real people
79 36%
Nah.
32 14%
Voters: 221.
Page 1 of 4
Hey guys,

We're just heading out the back of Easter, obviously a huge event in the Christian year and so why not debate whether the man himself was a literal person that actually walked among us.

To start you off, skeptics may point to the unreliability of historical accounts of his life (Outside of the bible. Josephus, Tacitus etc) whilst believers may point to the bible and the sheer number of anecdotal evidence provided within it.

I will reserve my views until after my bath, you guys kick off first.
Jesus was real. All of his deeds were not.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Might have been. I can't say i've seen any accounts of him outside of the bible though (not including the ones mentioned in OP)
Sure , along with the easter bunny , santa claus and freddy kruger. They are all real man...
I know several Jesuses.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I think real people inspired different parts/stories from Jesus' life, but do I believe that there was a man named Yeshua who traveled around with 12 disciples teaching a new religion that was eventually crucified? No.
Check out my band Disturbed
I don't believe that Jesus was a real person, but I do believe that he was a real duck.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
He was a real man, yes. It's his miracles and him being the son of God that are bullshit more doubtful.
I believe it to be quite possible.

It is, however, irrelevant to me, as whether he existed or not has very little impact on the likelihood that he was the son of Jehovah.
I do believe that Jesus existed. There's evidence of that. But I also believe he was an early con-artist and magician.
Somewhere there is written evidence of Jesus's existence, so I believe he lived at one point. However all the loop holes in his stories are enough to make me not care.

It's funny how a guy who hangs out with hookers and pot smokers gets crucified by a power hungry, corrupt organization though, isn't it?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I think there's a good possibility that he was a real person. You should read Jetfuel's blogs on the subject. I also wrote up a blog that has some stuff that backs up what Jetfuel wrote about.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Yes.

Though today's Christians seems to be more like those bastards Jesus had a lot of trouble with...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I don't think Tacticus' writing is evidence enough. Esp. 'cause it was written a few decades short of a century after Jesus supposedly kicked it.

That said we accept the reality of many minor hisorical figures who are only mentioned once or a couple of times.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Jesus was real, but not the son of God. He was a mediocre carpenter who dabbled in public masturbation.

actually, i bet he was a wicked badass carpenter
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
actually, i bet he was a wicked badass carpenter

There were no cars for him to pent, so noone will ever know.
Quote by Draken
Everyone spells his name wrong. His name was Kakarot.
Even you got his name wrong.
ggg1 ggg3

Probably yes, but not a son of God or anything. Just some hippy guy, who had too much weed and started babbling about shit.
Last edited by -Mantra- at Apr 12, 2012,
Quote by behind_you
Even you got his name wrong.

We of earth knew him as Goku!
Iirc there are roman records of a man called Jesus living around that period. So yes, I believe that once upon a time there was a man called Jesus.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Nope.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
There were no cars for him to pent, so noone will ever know.

So? He made hockey sticks for Ray Emery.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
'course not. I'm not stupid, nor five years old.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by OddOneOut
Iirc there are roman records of a man called Jesus living around that period. So yes, I believe that once upon a time there was a man called Jesus.

The same Romans modified the bible jillions of times. Their records are dubious.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Jesus is real. How else was Santa saved from the evil Iraqis? How else were we saved from a giant stone Abraham Lincoln? Who else defeated Satan in that boxing match?

I watch his talk show Jesus and Pals religiously.

yes he is real.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by darkstar2466
The same Romans modified the bible jillions of times. Their records are dubious.

Tacitus mentions Jesus, and he was dead long before the Bible was assembled.
There is a significant amount of historical evidence beyond just the Bible, which I don't really consider serious history, to suggest that Jesus was an actual person, who lived on the earth. What I don't believe, however, is that he did all kinds of miracles and shit. There's a good chance, however that a particularly charismatic guy named Jesus walked around the Israel area with a bunch of other dudes preaching the solid set of morals that he developed.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
There is a significant amount of historical evidence beyond just the Bible,

Really?

Beyond Josephus, which is a forgery, and Tacitus, which is also questionable (but less so), what else is there?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I don't believe it matters one way or the other. I don't really care if he was a real person, and same goes with other people of the time (Buddha, Laozi, etc.).

It won't change how I feel about the legacy attributed to him.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 4