Page 3 of 4
Quote by Viban
seriously dude, you couldn't go to instruments friend or somewhere and search "speaker cable?"
oh hey look what I found 58 matches for http://www.musiciansfriend.com/speaker-cables?_requestid=218177

i just quickly looked on amazon.com but as i said i had to leave my house. but i think i just said, i have no excuse
Bump! well due to NO HELP FROM YOU!. . . . . . i bought snakeskin tolex so that should look pretty another thing, i might change this to a verticle cab instead cuz it looks a lot better. the only thing is how the back will look. what do you think. should i switch to verticle or keep it
No one's going to see the back, so go for vertical if you want to!

Vertical does seem to be the trend as of recent, plus it supposedly has some sound benefits.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
No one's going to see the back, so go for vertical if you want to!

Vertical does seem to be the trend as of recent, plus it supposedly has some sound benefits.

it just might be awkward putting the speakers in but i guess you can flip it
The tolex isn't my kinda thing (I'm a white tolex kinda guy!) but I guess snakeskin is a suitable match for the Vypyr!

Also, because the head's as small as it is, it looks a bit better vertical. =)
vertical is good, and btw... the "front" is called a baffle :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
a) where the hell did you get instantly drying contact adhesive, not even mitre bond (the ultimate in fast drying adhesives I use as a chippy) cures instantly
b) everywhere I have seen says contact adhesive, if you get a decent one you should have a little time to sort it out, just do it carefully
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Finally! order came today:

everything looks good except they forgot to ship another corner so that will get here sometime. the tolex looks awesome!

cut for handles:

thats it for now! ill work on bracing it and rounding the edges! then for the tolex. . .

seems like no one exists.
MAJOR UPDATES!! Braced this thing up and routed around to fit corners. looks great. minor problems with the routing but nothing we can't fix. i hope to do tolex soon (crossing my fingers) but looks great overall. PICS!

hurry up already :p
Ibanez WD7 Wah
it'd probably give you a cleaner end result if the tolex went on before the handles and corner-pieces right?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by JCGGUITARS
yup. thats what im doing. the corners were there to make sure they fit. any last words before tolex. . .

Yeah dont **** it up
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
when you apply, make sure you flatten it out as you go to avoid wrinkles in it.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
you should have done it in 1 solid pice and join them together on the bottom.
But it looks alright, very 80's hair metal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the rest of that sheet done! im VERY busy saturday and sunday so probably no tolex then
pics:

ya ya ya corners stink:

and then my brain turns off for a second:

very bummed by that but you can hardly see it and hopefully the grill will cover some of it. over all im very happy with it!

Why didn't you use wrap-around corners on the front like you did on back? Also second the notion you should've ordered a longer piece and fully wrapped the cab with the seam at one of the bottom corners. That said, nothing I ever did the first time turned out perfect either. As for adhesives, I typically use 3M or equivalent spray can contact adhesive, found at most any hardware/lumber store. Good on ya for taking on the task of building your own cab and learning from it.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by JCGGUITARS
thanks abouth the one seam but, i was probably short 5 inches so buying a whole other sheet for 12 bucks didnt seem worth it. i didnt wrap around the front as much because the grill is going to cover most of that up.

I was actually referring to the metal corners.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Nicely done! the tolex was the one thing that but me off building my own. The snake skin would not be my cup of tea but hey different strokes! good job
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Nice
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
this build is finished. i wired it up today and it sounds great. sorry i dont have pictures. i might get around to it later but just letting you know that i completed something. yes i know, thats a first
Last edited by JCGGUITARS at Jul 18, 2012,