Lovely song, especially the unplugged version! The main problem here I find is the mix, but that's easy to overcome. The guitar is pretty much disappearing because of the loud bass. Quite a good bassplayer though, so that's nice. From what I've heard the guitar was decent as well, but it's just really hard to judge that. Vocals were okay, but lacking a bit of... confidence, I guess. Then again, that comes with more experience. So yeah, if you work on the levels of the instruments, that's pretty awesome, and will become even better in time!

Oh, and who doesn't love a cajon?

P.S. I love the bandname. Not sure why, but I do.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Pretty much the same opinion as Kylianvb.
Bass player sounds good, but drowns the guitar out completely. I liked the laid-back feeling the vocals had in the chorus, verses were okay, but not great. I think it's also because the girl doesn't have a lot of low end in her voice, which makes the original shine, in my opinion.

It's a shame the mix is so off. I subbed on YouTube by the way, yesterday or so.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Pretty much the same opinion as Kylianvb.
Bass player sounds good, but drowns the guitar out completely. I liked the laid-back feeling the vocals had in the chorus, verses were okay, but not great. I think it's also because the girl doesn't have a lot of low end in her voice, which makes the original shine, in my opinion.

It's a shame the mix is so off. I subbed on YouTube by the way, yesterday or so.

I totally agree with your views on the mix. In more recent videos that problem has been fixed. Our next video should be uploaded in the next few days.

And thanks for the sub.
sounds good. my only complaint apart from the acoustic being too quiet is the lack of the signature riff.

acoustic or not, it just really needs that famous riff to truly be Layla in my opinion.
And yes, I know even official acoustic versions of it don't have that riff but I feel the same about those. xD

Some backup vocals here and there wouldn't hurt.

Was good though.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Apr 14, 2012,
I'm really just going to have to echo what everyone else has said.

The bass is too loud, the guitar is too quiet, I guess if I wanted to be really critical the vocals could do with a bit more 'oomph', the girl should stand up!

But aside from the mix, it's good man, really good! Now do the proper, electric version, it's 10 times better
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
But aside from the mix, it's good man, really good! Now do the proper, electric version, it's 10 times better

Ask and you shall receive.
Not a bad cover man. You guys seem pretty young from the looks of it so its impressive to see what youve accomplished so far. It was a little odd to here a girl singing this song however she does have a good voice, a little more confidence might do her well though. The acoustic guitar definetly needs to be turned up or ran through an amp or something to make it more distinguishable. The bass playing was pretty solid though. Overall good job, and I gave you guys a "like" for the effort. Keep up the hard work! If you dont mind doin a C4C I'd appreciate your thoughts on any of the covers I've done. Ill post a link below
Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/user/NumbAsAStatue27/videos
I agree about the bass drowning out the guitar! Vocals seemed a little flat throughout the song but that might be because of bad monitoring while you recorded this (?) Lovely voice though!
The bass even though too loud, was really nice and tight, guitar was also great and the solo at the end was perfect "Liked" the video!

Would be cool if your crit back on my video:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1533744
I did not like the singer at all.Just hitting the notes is not all there is to being a good singer or frontman/woman. She needs to own it like she wrote it. Like the others have said the mix ain't great but it is easy to tell you can play the song well. It just sounded emotionless and I believe that was mostly due to the vocals. I would not say replace her because she seems to have the potential to get there so just keep working at it and keep the things people said here in mind for your next jam.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!