The melodic bliss (solo) starts at 2:48.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqe2D_qjUg

The song is in E minor, but the solo seems to make use of a flatted 2nd, a flat 5th, and a sharp 6. However, the sharp 6 seems to be more of an accidental in the way its used. Can anybody help me with what scale this is?
If the song is in E minor, the scale is the E minor scale with use of accidentals wherever you like.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by SEANannigans
The melodic bliss (solo) starts at 2:48.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqe2D_qjUg

The song is in E minor, but the solo seems to make use of a flatted 2nd, a flat 5th, and a sharp 6. However, the sharp 6 seems to be more of an accidental in the way its used. Can anybody help me with what scale this is?

You're a tone out. The song is in D minor, and the intervals used in that solo are not the ones mentioned.

The solo clearly states harmonic minor with the octave based motive around 2:58.
Your scale is D Harmonic Minor.
Well yeah, but I mean cmon man. The use of certain accidentals give a certain flavor to the sound your trying to make. For example, using the sharp 7 in the minor scale will give you the harmonic minor shape, which gives your solo more of a middle eastern sound.

Another example, using the sharp 6th in the minor scale will give you a dorian shape which also gives you a different sound to your solo.

So maybe the question I'm looking to have answered is what shape does this follow so I can put a name to what I'm playing and look up more places where I can hear it being played in context.
Quote by AlanHB
If the song is in E minor, the scale is the E minor scale with use of accidentals wherever you like.

This. There's no need to overthink this. Scale names are unimportant.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
*psst* Stop using the word 'shape' to describe scales or you will be eaten alive by this forum ...
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by SEANannigans
Well yeah, but I mean cmon man. The use of certain accidentals give a certain flavor to the sound your trying to make. For example, using the sharp 7 in the minor scale will give you the harmonic minor shape, which gives your solo more of a middle eastern sound.

Another example, using the sharp 6th in the minor scale will give you a dorian shape which also gives you a different sound to your solo.

So maybe the question I'm looking to have answered is what shape does this follow so I can put a name to what I'm playing and look up more places where I can hear it being played in context.

The b2, Major third, #4, major sixth and major 7th occur frequently in minor keys. Nothing to do with modes or middle eastern music.

Stop thinking about modes and start thinking about the vast realm that is tonal harmony.
Quote by SEANannigans

The "shape" which is consistent with the notes played.

There's no magic shape that's going to make you sound like anyone, it's about how you use the notes. The guitar is an instrument, not a game where you memorise certain combos to beat a level.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
The guitar is an instrument, not a game where you memorise certain combos to beat a level.

If it is your intention to memorise combos to beat levels then you may, this one time only, disregard AlanHB's sig.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do