Anyone know where I can find any lessons that completely break down songs piece by piece and teach you why it sounds the way it does? I think something like that would help a person like me greatly.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Anyone know where I can find any lessons that completely break down songs piece by piece and teach you why it sounds the way it does? I think something like that would help a person like me greatly.

Find any anaylsis of songs that Wolf Marshall transcribed. Years ago there was a magazine called Guitar for the Practicing Musician, where the songs and solos were analyzed. Maybe try and find some of those, even though the magazine's long out of print.

There are several songbooks he's done which also reature some analysis, it's not hard to google and find some and purchase. Wolf was the reason I decided I wanted to understand the guitar and set off on my own quest, in the first place. He blew me away with his ease at seeing things. I got to meet him at a NAMM event a few years ago, and virtually no one seemed to know who he was. Couldn't believe it. He is one of the, if not THE Forefather (s) on transcribing popular and rock music for the guitar.

Best,

Sean
There's a Beatles book called Songwriting Secrets of The Beatles which analyses a lot of Beatles songs. It would be pretty much what you're looking for.
id love to see more of the theory side of things as well. I can't stand when people just tell you to play " x fret" with "x finger", especially like lick library.